Sponsored

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Wow. I hadn't expected the Premium to command such a...premium over the normal TRD Sport. I guess that explains some of why the Limited can cost so much more. Ouch.
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Wow. I hadn't expected the Premium to command such a...premium over the normal TRD Sport. I guess that explains some of why the Limited can cost so much more. Ouch.

I really want all the options in a limited but on a sport....but with the price difference being what it is then I will have some thinking to do.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I did a little spreadsheet exercise to look at every upgrade on its own and took my best stab at what I think it would cost if you could pick each option individually. I might be off on some numbers, it's possible I included a few things that come in the base TRD OR or left certain upgrades off entirely, but it's interesting that I ended up at $9k at the end of it...

EDIT: removed some things that appeared to be part of the TRD OR base model and made a couple other small changes after a little more research.

2024 Tacoma SOP (Production) Dates & Options/Packages/Pricing List for all 2024 Tacoma trims 1701207403373

Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I did a little spreadsheet exercise to look at every upgrade on its own and took my best stab at what I think it would cost if you could pick each option individually. I might be off on some numbers, it's possible I included a few things that come in the base TRD OR or left certain upgrades off entirely, but it's interesting that I ended up at $9k at the end of it...
View attachment 6956
Except arent some of these standard on the off road? The dual zone, the crawl control, the hood silencer, the power window, the wireless charger, etc

I havent seen any base off roads theyve shown (the ones with cloth) without the above features.

Unless the "base" theyve been showing the past few months is actually an "upgraded" Off road?

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Except arent some of these standard on the off road? The dual zone, the crawl control, the hood silencer, the power window, the wireless charger, etc

I havent seen any base off roads theyve shown (the ones with cloth) without the above features.

Unless the "base" theyve been showing the past few months is actually an "upgraded" Off road?
Yeah the crawl control one I was sort of thinking would be on all TRD OR models. You might be right on those other things as well.

Made a couple small edits in my original speadsheet post. Leaving dual zone climate in as the leaked CA ordering guide had dual zone climate as an upgrade to both the TRD OR and TRD Sport base models.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wy3134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dakota
holy shit $8800 for the sport premium package.... hope that comes with everything period...does that come with a daily ball massager in the chair as well though? puts a sport premium at $50k.... INSANE!

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
Very curious about what is included in the “Upgrade package” for TRD Offroad.… Any info on this?

Norsk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 VW GTI
Very curious about what is included in the “Upgrade package” for TRD Offroad.… Any info on this?

THIS! I want to see what is included in the upgrade package and the premium package.

I really truly want to see 360 Camera option as standalone option! If it's part of premium package, i might as well get a PRO. It is my backup plan if the TRDOR Manual fully loaded is very close to PRO $$$$.

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THIS! I want to see what is included in the upgrade package and the premium package.

I really truly want to see 360 Camera option as standalone option! If it's part of premium package, i might as well get a PRO. It is my backup plan if the TRDOR Manual fully loaded is very close to PRO $$$$.
I’m thinking the same though I’d go Trailhunter. I too was planning on loaded manual but not at $52k! Hoping the Upgrade package is good enough. Personally I don’t need leather seats, though I’d like a sunroof and the 14” screen.

I’m also worried about the crazy Rev hang in the manual pointed out in this video:

Hoping you see more reviews on this and get a chance to drive one as soon as they are available.

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
I really want all the options in a limited but on a sport....but with the price difference being what it is then I will have some thinking to do.
Same here. Might as well get the Limited for the difference. Hopefully they offer a midnight package.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
I was shocked by that number as well, I think/hope it includes everything in every other package on that list.

Guessing this mostly lines up with what we have seen in the CA ordering guide, so here is a list of what we should be expecting extra in this package for that $9000 price:

1701205262793.png

Other goodies:

1701205512153.png
Can someone break down with these 2 columns mean? How I interpret it is, the right side features only come in the TRDOR that is in a premium color? So is the only way to get the TRD front grille and fog lamps is to get a certain color?

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Can someone break down with these 2 columns mean? How I interpret it is, the right side features only come in the TRDOR that is in a premium color? So is the only way to get the TRD front grille and fog lamps is to get a certain color?
Honestly it didn't make any sense to me, so I took it with a huge grain of salt...

Norsk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 VW GTI
I’m thinking the same though I’d go Trailhunter. I too was planning on loaded manual but not at $52k! Hoping the Upgrade package is good enough. Personally I don’t need leather seats, though I’d like a sunroof and the 14” screen.

I’m also worried about the crazy Rev hang in the manual pointed out in this video:

Hoping you see more reviews on this and get a chance to drive one as soon as they are available.
I read somewhere that 14" screen is standard for TRD Trims only. I may be wrong.

TBH, Toyota need to rethink about the options because it is getting ridiculous. $8,500 for Premium package, F**k that.

For example, my old '20 TRD SPORT with Manual has LED headlights with TRD Advanced Tech Package that inclues 360 camera. That's it.

If the TRDOR Upgrade package includes Sway Bar Disconnect and 360 Camera - I'm sold.

If not, 4G TRD PRO or hunt for a mint 3G TRD PRO Manual ('22-'23).

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape SE
I was shocked by that number as well, I think/hope it includes everything in every other package on that list.

Guessing this mostly lines up with what we have seen in the CA ordering guide, so here is a list of what we should be expecting extra in this package for that $9000 price:

1701205262793.png

Other goodies:

1701205512153.png
Dude... no way. There's no way that something like DUAL-ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL which is STANDARD on the 2023 SR (with a V6) is locked behind a $9000 package on a TRD trim, I cannot believe this nickel and diming that Toyota is doing. Did they hire someone from GM to price out their trucks? Ridiculous, I'm legitimately disappointed!

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read somewhere that 14" screen is standard for TRD Trims only. I may be wrong.

TBH, Toyota need to rethink about the options because it is getting ridiculous. $8,500 for Premium package, F**k that.

For example, my old '20 TRD SPORT with Manual has LED headlights with TRD Advanced Tech Package that inclues 360 camera. That's it.

If the TRDOR Upgrade package includes Sway Bar Disconnect and 360 Camera - I'm sold.

If not, 4G TRD PRO or hunt for a mint 3G TRD PRO Manual ('22-'23).
I just bought a 23 Pro Manual in Solar Octane (360 miles currently on the clock mostly miles to transport it from the dealer I bought it from) 3 weeks ago. It popped in stock and I went for it. As the 24 pricing reveal approached I started to have regrets and was planning to post my new Pro for sale. I put my reservation for the 24 Offroad this past Saturday.

Now I’m rethinking everything…

One comment about the rev hang issue is whether the guy in the review I linked drove it with the iMT (rev matching) system off. I do wonder if that makes a difference in the Rev hang. I know an aftermarket tuner will resolve that eventually though….
Sponsored