Sponsored

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
There won’t be six rate cuts from the federal reserve this year. Jerome Powell has made it explicitly clear they will hold the line until they are certain inflation is in fact retreating for good. Their target rate is in the two percent range. We won’t see that until late this year, if all goes to plan.

The worst possible outcome would be a few rate cuts, followed by a return of inflation. That’s pure economic cancer. They will be certain inflation is stabilizing into remission before any real moves are made.

Car loans will stay on the higher end of things for some months yet — depending on credit and terms, somewhere between 4.5 and 10 percent-plus. The majority of buyers with good credit, stable employment and reasonable loan-to-value (LTV) will be able to obtain rates in the high five / low six percent range.

I do have a tip that’s been helpful to me several times over the years. Dealers are typically far more lenient on pricing if you take out a loan with their manufacturer’s finance arm, i.e. Toyota Financial Services in this case. They often receive payments for selling those loans, which of course are never disclosed nor passed on to the buyer. But that money can create transactional flexibility.

Most recently, we bought our college-age daughter a new Acura TLX. We went in knowing we’d end up paying cash one way or another, and told the dealer that. They offered to knock off several thousand dollars if we would instead take out a loan through Acura Financial Services. There were no fees for the loan, and most importantly no prepayment penalty after three months. So we wrote a check for the maximum the loan arrangement would allow, then took the discount and paid off the loan a few months later. The costs of a few months’ interest was far offset by the large upfront discount offered.

You could do the same thing without paying cash. Take their best bottom-line price using captive financing relative to cash or an outside loan (key point: tell them you are paying cash at the outset, either lying well or actually meaning it); confirm the terms include zero fees or prepayment penalty; buy the car; then shop for better terms (it usually won’t be hard unless promotional financing is offered, which it won’t for the 2024 Tacoma) and swap one loan for another.

You almost certainly won’t get a discount off MSRP on a new Tacoma. But you might very well be able to parlay it into the dealer removing any “required” add-ons, if your dealer is doing that sort of thing, or otherwise adding additional post-sale goodies (free oil changes, extended warranties, comped window tint, etc.)
Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Good Points ⬆

Dealer Mark-Ups and/or Dealer added accessories (coatings, wheel locks, window tint,etc) are all negotiable. Don’t ever fall for them telling you that they are required fees!

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
2024 Toyota Tacoma Financing Deals Non-Existent
The all-new Tacoma may have some of the highest interest rates Toyota has ever offered. Even with top-tier credit, a lack of 2024 Toyota Tacoma financing incentives could have buyers seeing rates approaching 10% APR. As a result, 2024 Toyota Tacoma interest rates could make the truck extremely expensive.

According to bulletins sent to dealers last week, the 2024 Toyota Tacoma is excluded from financing incentives as it begins arriving at dealers. Whereas the outgoing truck saw rates as low as 2.99% APR, inventory is non-existent at this point and Toyota's payment estimator shows a 2024 Tacoma rate of 9.86%.

2024 Tacoma Financing + Auto Loan Rates (APR %) -- Share What You've Found 714985

There's also the fact that there are already $10,000 Tacoma markups in some parts of the country. On a $50,000 truck, we estimate that a 72-month loan at 9.86% would cost over $16,000 in interest with a payment of over $900 a month. And that's before factoring in any dealer add-ons as well as applicable taxes & fees.

In some cases, we think there's a good chance of seeing a $1,000-per-month payment on the 2024 Tacoma. While there can be ways to avoid a markup, a combination of high interest rates, limited supply, and no meaningful incentives could help make the 2024 Tacoma particularly expensive at this moment in time.

Fortunately, we found a hidden way to save. You won't see it advertised, but Toyota has a $1,000 loyalty discount for returning lessees. Eligible customers with a maturing Toyota lease can score a $1,000 discount on leases or $500 on purchases. It's not much, but it could be one of the only ways to save on a new Tacoma.

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2024-toyota-tacoma-financing-deals-non-existent

joemysterio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
That's just insane. Hoping when the time comes my credit union will still be offering a decent rate.

Sponsored

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
There won’t be six rate cuts from the federal reserve this year. Jerome Powell has made it explicitly clear they will hold the line until they are certain inflation is in fact retreating for good. Their target rate is in the two percent range. We won’t see that until late this year, if all goes to plan.

The worst possible outcome would be a few rate cuts, followed by a return of inflation. That’s pure economic cancer. They will be certain inflation is stabilizing into remission before any real moves are made.

Car loans will stay on the higher end of things for some months yet — depending on credit and terms, somewhere between 4.5 and 10 percent-plus. The majority of buyers with good credit, stable employment and reasonable loan-to-value (LTV) will be able to obtain rates in the high five / low six percent range.

I do have a tip that’s been helpful to me several times over the years. Dealers are typically far more lenient on pricing if you take out a loan with their manufacturer’s finance arm, i.e. Toyota Financial Services in this case. They often receive payments for selling those loans, which of course are never disclosed nor passed on to the buyer. But that money can create transactional flexibility.

Most recently, we bought our college-age daughter a new Acura TLX. We went in knowing we’d end up paying cash one way or another, and told the dealer that. They offered to knock off several thousand dollars if we would instead take out a loan through Acura Financial Services. There were no fees for the loan, and most importantly no prepayment penalty after three months. So we wrote a check for the maximum the loan arrangement would allow, then took the discount and paid off the loan a few months later. The costs of a few months’ interest was far offset by the large upfront discount offered.

You could do the same thing without paying cash. Take their best bottom-line price using captive financing relative to cash or an outside loan (key point: tell them you are paying cash at the outset, either lying well or actually meaning it); confirm the terms include zero fees or prepayment penalty; buy the car; then shop for better terms (it usually won’t be hard unless promotional financing is offered, which it won’t for the 2024 Tacoma) and swap one loan for another.

You almost certainly won’t get a discount off MSRP on a new Tacoma. But you might very well be able to parlay it into the dealer removing any “required” add-ons, if your dealer is doing that sort of thing, or otherwise adding additional post-sale goodies (free oil changes, extended warranties, comped window tint, etc.)
If you do this, pay off most of the loan before the first payment. Simple interest loans front load the interest. You pay just a few dollars interest in 3 months.
dealers hate this but they shouldn’t Make you play stupid games to get fair prices. they’re hoping you’re a financial moron like most and just keep the loan.

OP
OP

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
You didn't read my original text at the start of this thread:

I just knew someone was going to come into this thread to talk (or brag) paying cash!
Nobody really cares. If you finance you can’t afford. I drove a shitbox I could afford for a decade.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Nobody really cares. If you finance you can’t afford. I drove a shitbox I could afford for a decade.
The best part is this subject could have been answered if the OP had just gone to bankrate.com and see what the current rates are being offered. It is going to give the same range that people are actually getting. Asking someone what rate they are getting is worthless unless you know the details behind how they got that rate. Same goes for car insurance rates too.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I wouldn't say it's the best part. I understand how rates and insurance work.

What you're missing is that this thread isn't just for me, it was intended for people who might be financing to see what others might be getting and/or what to avoid. Lots of people getting ripped off with banks or Toyota financing because they don't do their homework.

The best part is this subject could have been answered if the OP had just gone to bankrate.com and see what the current rates are being offered. It is going to give the same range that people are actually getting. Asking someone what rate they are getting is worthless unless you know the details behind how they got that rate. Same goes for car insurance rates too.
I knew it would be a discussion point just like any other forum around people buying new cars. Just thought it would be interesting to share what people find. I know how to use google. Not trying to start shit.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Financing does not mean you can't afford something. In many situations it's a better financial decision to finance. Discussing financing options and strategy can help people learn this.

Not saying you could learn something but it's possible.

Manny991220

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2018 SR5
Trd offroad upgraded package long bed is msrp 50,385 plus tax and fees 55,xxx
Down payment of 22,700
Rate for 72 months at 6.64
My payment is $550
That was thru Toyota financing