Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Hi everyone. I added a cap to my truck and didn't want to lose my cameras. I found this kit online. https://www.ggoffroad.com/store/p/digital-rearview-camera-relocation-kit-tundra-22-24-tacoma-24 and thought I'd give it a try.

It worked great. You have to be willing to pull down your headliner and remove some panels, but it's worth it in the end. The job took me several hours, but as one of the first, I had to adapt Tundra instructions to make it work. If I had to do it knowing what I know now, it'd probably take me around 3 hours.

If you're putting on a cap or a bed rack, this is a pretty good solution. The staff at ggoffroad.com is very helpful and answer questions quickly. I for sure recommend the product.

2024 Tacoma Digital Rearview and Bed Camera Relocation with my Topper on 2024 Tacoma IMG_0850
2024 Tacoma Digital Rearview and Bed Camera Relocation with my Topper on 2024 Tacoma IMG_0767
Sponsored

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
So the camera is inside your topper?
Yes. The kit comes with very flexible mounting brackets. As an example, the instructions have you hook the camera up to a long piece to your roof, but I only needed to use part of the bracket because I connected to my interior light bracket just inside the cap. I also got the suction cup mount to try out. I am probably going to mount it under my brake light poking out as soon as I get the guts to drill the hole. They have a through mount as well, but they can't guarantee it will work with your topper because they all have different angles. If it doesn't, I'll modify it to work.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Yes. The kit comes with very flexible mounting brackets. As an example, the instructions have you hook the camera up to a long piece to your roof, but I only needed to use part of the bracket because I connected to my interior light bracket just inside the cap. I also got the suction cup mount to try out. I am probably going to mount it under my brake light poking out as soon as I get the guts to drill the hole. They have a through mount as well, but they can't guarantee it will work with your topper because they all have different angles. If it doesn't, I'll modify it to work.
Thanks. Keep setting a high bar.

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
how does the camera view on the infotainment look like now? Might need to do something like this but external mount when I get my GFC

Sponsored

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Yeah, I was at least one of the guys evaluating the kit. The headliner is tricky because of the sliding widow frame. You take out the coat hooks in the back and then pop the trim off both c-pillars. All clips. Also pop the dome light in the back. Then you start at one side and so so carefully pull that headliner from that frame. It looks like it's creasing a bit when you do it, but it goes back in shape after. I did loose a clip for the hangers when I tried to reinstall one of them into the body of the car. I had to order a whole new hanger, but it was only $10. Just be careful with those. Everything else went back together well.
2024 Tacoma Digital Rearview and Bed Camera Relocation with my Topper on 2024 Tacoma IMG_0832.PNG

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
how does the camera view on the infotainment look like now? Might need to do something like this but external mount when I get my GFC
It's not on the infotainment screen. Digital Rearview shows in your mirror. Completely different camera from the backup camera. It looks about the same, just farther back of course. Still does it's job

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
It's not on the infotainment screen. Digital Rearview shows in your mirror. Completely different camera from the backup camera. It looks about the same, just farther back of course. Still does it's job
My bad, rear view mirror is what I meant lol if you have the time, could you possibly reverse park close to another car in a parking lot or something and post a picture or video of how it looks so we can get an idea of it?

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
Did you just rewire the rear view mirror camera or the bed camera too? I was thinking with a topper the bed camera would still be usable. Was it blocked?

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Did you just rewire the rear view mirror camera or the bed camera too? I was thinking with a topper the bed camera would still be usable. Was it blocked?
I did both. Works great. The bed camera is in the same mounting bracket looking toward the front of the bed. I'm probably going to move the rear view to a mount that pokes through the cap itself so it's more out of the way. GGOffroad is sending me the mount. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
The light is still there. You don't have to relocate the bed cam, I just did. You can mount the cameras wherever you want. Pretty sure you can order a 2nd bracket if needed. I will be receiving a mount for popping the camera through the top of the shell shortly. If that works, I'll be moving the bed camera to the side out of the way. This kit feeds the wiring through the c-pillar and out a grommet under the rear seat. Then you route the cabling along the frame and bring it in through the side of the bed (have to drill - I also bought a grommet kit to clean up the look). It's a lot easier if you do it before you get your cap if possible.

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Thanks for sharing! I have been very interested in getting a hatch back but didn't want to lose my digital rear view.