Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
Reaching out to you on exactly how you handled this? It looks as if we bought our trucks around the same time. I bought mine at the end of April. My truck is doing the same thing. Mine is also less than 500 miles.

20240526_191152.jpg
what plant was it manufacture in?

would be curious to know where @MarineVet6113 's was manufacture too.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
That's awesome!
Yes it was very fortunate thing because there wasn’t a lot of trucks that were out there. But from my understanding the district manager got involved and was able to locate from from a dealer under her control.
what plant was it manufacture in?

would be curious to know where @MarineVet6113 's was manufacture too.
Central Mexico

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
Yes it was very fortunate thing because there wasn’t a lot of trucks that were out there. But from my understanding the district manager got involved and was able to locate from from a dealer under her control.

Central Mexico
The Guanajuato plant?

Sponsored

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
So... same diagnosis on my truck. Dash has to come out.

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
They are ALL made in Mexico, there are two factories, one is in Baja, CA and the other is more inland and south.
All Tacomas are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas (TMMTX) in San Antonio, Texas and Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Baja California (TMMBC) in Baja California, Mexico.

GUANAJUATO - Toyota Motor de México has begun production in 2024 of the fourth generation of its iconic Tacoma pickup, a model that has been produced …Feb 16, 2024

Sponsored

tampacg1967

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma tdr sport
Yikes..if that’s the air conditioning box on the drivers side behind the dash then the fix is to pull the entire dash off to replace the part. They had showed me a video of mine at the time where they stuck a camera up there but I don’t remember the exact way it looked at this point. I know they had to open up a case and I was told that mine was the first one they had seen that on. They opened up a case with Toyota to get approval to order the part and last I had heard about 2 weeks ago they had still not started pulling apart yet because they didn’t have the part yet.

tampacg1967

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma tdr sport
I Have the exact same crack on my evaporator box, Started from day one purchase on drive home, end april 2024 . Over 30 days waiting for new evaporator box part. Too hot to drive in Tampa.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Have the exact same crack on my evaporator box, Started from day one purchase on drive home, end april 2024 . Over 30 days waiting for new evaporator box part. Too hot to drive in Tampa.
Was really hoping mine would be a random fluke one….like the unlucky one. Makes me a bit uneasy hearing more and more of people having the same thing within the first few miles of their truck.

tampacg1967

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma tdr sport
Was really hoping mine would be a random fluke one….like the unlucky one. Makes me a bit uneasy hearing more and more of people having the same thing within the first few miles of their truck.
This is why I joined this thread today, as a 30 year helicopter mechanic, its either a faulty product or damaged on install? The crack is on the exact same fins.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is why I joined this thread today, as a 30 year helicopter mechanic, its either a faulty product or damaged on install? The crack is on the exact same fins.
Haha funny I worked on helicopters for 5 years in the Marine Corps. Yes I was convinced mine definitely came from factory that way but never noticed it until 400 miles but that also the first day I wore flip flops. I would hope it’s not a faulty or cheaply made part and just a few install issues. That being said also odd that the 3 I know about are all from the greater Tampa Bay Area. Imagine a widespread issue with the part itself that leads to a recall that involves dash removal. Yikes. And how many people have had the issue who are not even in this forum. Maybe it will be a minimal amount but the fact I have heard of 3 in the last month is bothersome a bit and I love this truck.
Sponsored