Sponsored

Oil leak - 2 day old Offroad Premium

OP
OP

tacotegu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the replies. I am hoping it is a simple problem like some of you have mentioned.

I do have roadside assistance so best to just get it towed and have them look at it.

Not sure why there are some people caught up on the fact I dont have a proper jack/blocks despite me sharing i do not have the ability to slide and work under truck due to an injury. Do i need a doctors note? Haha

I will keep you guys updated. Thanks again
Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Thank you for the replies. I am hoping it is a simple problem like some of you have mentioned.

I do have roadside assistance so best to just get it towed and have them look at it.

Not sure why there are some people caught up on the fact I dont have a proper jack/blocks despite me sharing i do not have the ability to slide and work under truck due to an injury. Do i need a doctors note? Haha

I will keep you guys updated. Thanks again
Seriously - the damn truck is brand new and under warranty ā€¼why would anyone do anything other than just take it to the dealerā‰

Sponsored

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Anything mass produced will have units with defects. They'll fix it and you'll be happy again.

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
The tow is covered by warranty.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because it might be a five-minute fix. Why blow two hours at the dealer if it's a loose plug?
Because most people buy a new vehicle so they donā€™t have to play mechanic, I can tell you if it were my two day old new truck, I wouldnā€™t be blowing anytime on this - 5 minutes or two hours. I paid for a PDIā€¦ come get your truck I just paid you to PDI and get me a vehicle to drive while you fix my broken brand new truck. I mean really I should be climbing under my $60k truck I just bought to be fixing or looking at an oil leak? Send a mechanic or an apprentice from the dealer now to crawl under my truck in my laneway at my home and check if itā€™s a simple 5 minute fix. It sure as hell ainā€™t going to be me though, dumbfounded at why anyone would not demand it to be fix immediately in this situation. Wheres the accountability here? Itā€™d be a 5 minute phone call to the dealer - and the net result from that 5 minute call to my dealer would be an immediate fix, or a rental vehicle dropped to my door. Unreal to think the owner of a 2 day old $60K truck should even think about crawling around under it when they see a significant oil leak under it.

Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For an Off-Road Premium?
Here in Canada - YES! But price doesnā€™t matter anyway. and forgot, not only would my dealer be getting it fixed immediately, they may as well just send someone to my house to fix it because at the same time you can clean up the damn oil slick you left all over my laneway or garage floor ā€¼and for the whole inconvenience how about some compensation from the dealer. Maybe a couple free oil changes.

but some would rather crawl under it and fix it on their own and give the dealer and Toyota a pass. Ridiculous šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NOā€¼ before taxes and rounding ā€¼ itā€™s actually $61K + for an off road premium.

IMG_1625.jpeg