Sponsored

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Proud new owner of the Trailhunter. One of the first as far as I gather from feedback. I want the OEM trifold to secure my camping gear. The Trailhunter comes standard with the ARB sport bar. It secures to the factory side and front rails with 12 bolts. Everything I see and read tells me that the bar will need to come off to install this tonneau cover. Can you confirm my thoughts? While I like the looks of the ARB bar (wife hates it), I don't mind losing it for the cover.

Gratuitous picture when I picked it up.

2024 Tacoma Ice Cap White 2024 TRAILHUNTER Tacoma delivery! Proud new owner 🤩 20240618_164137
Sponsored

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Looks good man. Post pics and info on it. We are looking forward to the data.

TacoGomez

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
You could get a retractable cover and be able to keep the bar.

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Nice truck! I’m super jealous!

I don’t think there’s any type of cover that will work with that bar. It mounts to the rails inside of the bed. Maybe you could buy a hard tonneau and cut out part of it to fit around the bar, but I don’t think it would work. It wouldn’t be secure and it would definitely leak.

I am curious how the bar looks with the molle panels removed.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Hot dang that is sweet. One of the negatives of living in Canada, my TRD Off Road is not being delivered till late August and in the US people are getting their Trailhunter and Pro‘s.
The super rare Solar Octane may have to do with it as I could have had a black or white one.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Proud new owner of the Trailhunter. One of the first as far as I gather from feedback. I want the OEM trifold to secure my camping gear. The Trailhunter comes standard with the ARB sport bar. It secures to the factory side and front rails with 12 bolts. Everything I see and read tells me that the bar will need to come off to install this tonneau cover. Can you confirm my thoughts? While I like the looks of the ARB bar (wife hates it), I don't mind losing it for the cover.

Gratuitous picture when I picked it up.

20240618_164137.jpg
Congrats! Super jealous. Please post all the details when you have time! Can’t wait to hear your impression and thoughts. I am sure you’ll love it.

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Hot dang that is sweet. One of the negatives of living in Canada, my TRD Off Road is not being delivered till late August and in the US people are getting their Trailhunter and Pro‘s.
The super rare Solar Octane may have to do with it as I could have had a black or white one.
Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait. I picked up my Solar Octane TRD Off-Road in Edmonton last month, absolutely in love with it.

Sponsored

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait. I picked up my Solar Octane TRD Off-Road in Edmonton last month, absolutely in love with it.
Lucky, you have it for the summer camping season. Is it a 6’ box? I seen a 5’ box at my dealer but it was pre sold and mine is 6’.

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
Nice truck OP, congrats

OP
OP

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Lucky, you have it for the summer camping season. Is it a 6’ box? I seen a 5’ box at my dealer but it was pre sold and mine is 6’.
5' bed. I haven't seen any 6" beds in the time I was searching Toyota's inventory based on 'my build specs'.
Sponsored