Sponsored

Rough transmission shifts

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
I disabled it too, but I still have the lurch when going from P-R in the morning. Seems to not be as bad or completely disappear after driving though
I had the same thing and found out that you really need to press hard on the brake pedal when shifting from park.
Sponsored

soxrok2212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
TRD Sport 4x4 with 1800mi here. Hearing a strange rattle on cold start when I shift from park to drive. Park to drive and drive to reverse also has a pretty hard jolt. Also feeling some rough downshifts when slowing down. If I put it into S at a stop, it shows in 3rd gear. Unsure if this is a computer glitch or if it's actually just in 3rd at a complete stop. Taking it to the dealer on Saturday.

OP
OP
ldudiaz

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
TRD Sport 4x4 with 1800mi here. Hearing a strange rattle on cold start when I shift from park to drive. Park to drive and drive to reverse also has a pretty hard jolt. Also feeling some rough downshifts when slowing down. If I put it into S at a stop, it shows in 3rd gear. Unsure if this is a computer glitch or if it's actually just in 3rd at a complete stop. Taking it to the dealer on Saturday.
Whatever you’re experiencing I was experiencing myself. After about 3K miles the hard shifts smooth out. I used to hear the same strange rattle. As for the 3rd gear when putting the truck in sport, it did it for me too. Im guessing that’s how it is programmed. I did trade my Tacoma for for a 24 Tundra hybrid. Those issues you’re experiencing will go away after the break in period which may take up to 4K. I least that was my experience with it while I had it.

soxrok2212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Whatever you’re experiencing I was experiencing myself. After about 3K miles the hard shifts smooth out. I used to hear the same strange rattle. As for the 3rd gear when putting the truck in sport, it did it for me too. Im guessing that’s how it is programmed. I did trade my Tacoma for for a 24 Tundra hybrid. Those issues you’re experiencing will go away after the break in period which may take up to 4K. I least that was my experience with it while I had it.
Happy to hear that! I’m still going to have it checked out after reading others’ experiences here, but hoping for the best.

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
Happy to hear that! I’m still going to have it checked out after reading others’ experiences here, but hoping for the best.
mine also took about 3500 miles to settle down and I guess learn my driving habits. At first I was convinced something was wrong with my transmission but all is good now.

Sponsored

Pdlhappy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR% 4dr 4x4, 2003 4Runner SR5 4x4
Damnnn, that sucks.
2-4 months waiting for a new tans. Depending on your states lemon laws, I'd definitely be looking to get a replacement for that time-frame.
Finally got my 2024 SR5 back from having the trans and torque converter replaced. 76 days !! Shifts better than now than ever with no clunks.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I wonder if there was a batch of bad parts? Plus, you shouldn't have to drive thousands of miles for the transmission to start working correctly.

Pdlhappy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR% 4dr 4x4, 2003 4Runner SR5 4x4
I have 989 miles on my 2024 SR5 4x4 and it is sitting in the dealer lot waiting for the new transmission to arrive. Back to driving my gen 4 2003 SR5 4Runner which has been a daily staple for 21 years
While the wait for the trans & torque converter seemed like forever my 2024 SR5 drives and shifts far better than it ever did when new. None of the issues we have all discussed are present.

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
I have 989 miles on my 2024 SR5 4x4 and it is sitting in the dealer lot waiting for the new transmission to arrive. Back to driving my gen 4 2003 SR5 4Runner which has been a daily staple for 21 years
Have they replaced your transmission yet. My trd sport auto trans went out 2 weeks ago. Gears 1-5 didn’t engage. Dealer is waiting for trans to arrive .

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
While the wait for the trans & torque converter seemed like forever my 2024 SR5 drives and shifts far better than it ever did when new. None of the issues we have all discussed are present.
Just saw this post. I wish I knew what happened to the original trans to fail.

Sponsored

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
How long did you wait for the truck to be fixed ?

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
I have a 2024 Off Road with 1240 miles and the transmission died as I was pulling into traffic. According to the dealership it's an issue nationwide and they have no ETA on a new transmission. So my brand new truck I've had less than 2 months has been sitting at the dealership for over 2 weeks now. The transmission is automatic.
5000 miles and my trd sport auto trans went out. Drove perfect for 5000 miles and all of a sudden it just shit the bed. Been at dealer for 2 weeks now.

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
Finally got my 2024 SR5 back from having the trans and torque converter replaced. 76 days !! Shifts better than now than ever with no clunks.
Wow 76 days. I just hope this new trans is properly put together. Would love for this truck to last over 200,000 miles like my 2017 tacoma sr5

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
Did Toyota reimburse for payments made to truck?
Sponsored