Sponsored

Hard Tonneau Cover with Power Tailgate?

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Premium
Does anyone tried any other brand than OEM that doesn’t had any problems with their power tailgate?

Where did you guys order your OEM Tonneau Tri-fold Cover and how much did you pay?

If not, what other brand do you use and how much did it cost you?
Sponsored

Daveintb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SR5 2wd
I got mine from my local Toyota dealer 2 days ago. Right around $1100 and power tailgate works fine.

OP
OP
omni

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine from my local Toyota dealer 2 days ago. Right around $1100 and power tailgate works fine.
People are claiming non OEM/other brands have problems closing with the power tailgate, so i’m wondering if I should just go with the OEM one. Thank you for the input!

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
OEM cover. 15% off msrp so just under $1100 with tax iirc. No issues at all with the power tailgate.

Datrane01

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2024 Off Road
I got the lomax pro and was around 1200 I believe. At realtruck.com. no problem with power tailgate

Sponsored

NoCa95862

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Bronze Oxide
Got the OEM at dealer. Had to wait 3 days. About $1,100 inc. Tax. No issues with power tailgate.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I am planning on getting a Truxedo Sentry hard roll-up tonneau. If it fits properly then it shouldn't cause problems with the tailgate.

I am hoping for more reviews of it on a 2024 before I buy mine, because it is crazy expensive.

Sandytntn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 2024
Does anyone tried any other brand than OEM that doesn’t had any problems with their power tailgate?

Where did you guys order your OEM Tonneau Tri-fold Cover and how much did you pay?

If not, what other brand do you use and how much did it cost you?
The MX4 Bakflip has problems with the power Tailgate. If you slide the cover forward so the tailgate will close then the cover hits the bed light and rearview mirror light on the cab. If you slide it back further towards the tailgate, then the tailgate won’t close and when it tries to open, you get all kinds of beeping and then it won’t close on its own, so if you have a premium package would not recommend mx4

Squashed Target

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR Prem Solar Octane
I got the OEM cover on sale around the 4th of July for ~$950 tax included. Had to pick up from local dealer.

Labor day is coming up. If you can wait, it'll probably be on sale again.

I couldn't recommend the OEM cover enough. Easy install, still relocates the rails so you retain full functionality (unlike the BakFlip which uses rail space). Combine it with an OEM bed mat and you're in a good place. Same deal with the mat, I got it for ~$115 shipped around Memorial Day.

Sponsored
OP
OP
omni

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the OEM cover on sale around the 4th of July for ~$950 tax included. Had to pick up from local dealer.

Labor day is coming up. If you can wait, it'll probably be on sale again.

I couldn't recommend the OEM cover enough. Easy install, still relocates the rails so you retain full functionality (unlike the BakFlip which uses rail space). Combine it with an OEM bed mat and you're in a good place. Same deal with the mat, I got it for ~$115 shipped around Memorial Day.
Patiently waiting for upcoming sale before I pull the trigger while doing research! I used Triple Aliners for mata

OP
OP
omni

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The MX4 Bakflip has problems with the power Tailgate. If you slide the cover forward so the tailgate will close then the cover hits the bed light and rearview mirror light on the cab. If you slide it back further towards the tailgate, then the tailgate won’t close and when it tries to open, you get all kinds of beeping and then it won’t close on its own, so if you have a premium package would not recommend mx4
Appreciate the feedback. Might go with OEM instead.

Dankoma

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
I went with a Diamondback SE just in case there was an issue. I can at least open the cover and then open the tailgate. I am still waiting for the seal to get broken in on it. I can currently close it with the cover closed but I still need to assist the tailgate when it opens. At least it lets you though...

OP
OP
omni

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with a Diamondback SE just in case there was an issue. I can at least open the cover and then open the tailgate. I am still waiting for the seal to get broken in on it. I can currently close it with the cover closed but I still need to assist the tailgate when it opens. At least it lets you though...
This is the first feedback I got with Diamondback, so power tailgate doesn’t work properly with it?
Sponsored