Sponsored

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Silverado 2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Going to hold onto this thing for as long as possible. It's tempting to look at the premium package or a Tundra but that can't be too soon maybe an eventual Tacoma refresh and super cool color. I just hope that it could serve me if I ever have a family and kids in the future.
Sponsored

AusInVicBC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OR Prem Hybrid
How many of you guys plan on keeping your 2024 Tacoma for the long haul? Anyone buying the 24s and plan on trading them in when the refresh model comes out in few years? Just curious what everyone’s plans are. I plan on keeping mine for 20 plus years
I am shooting for 20 years.

My 2004 RAV4 has been an amazing vehicle. Going to be sad to replace it.

TX-BluStreak

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I think I'll hold onto the 4th gen for at least 15yrs (17 max) like I've done with BluStreak, my 2nd gen.

I will always consider the 08 Taco as the 1st *new* car that I bought with my hard earned money (after college & med school) and it wouldn't be a hand-me-down from my folks. Not that I'm not grateful for all the vehicles my parents passed down to me, like the AE86 and a 95 2DR Camry. But at least with BluStreak, I was able to modify it the way I wanted it.

I hope by the year 2039, the 6th or 7th gen Taco will be able to fly like in Back to the Future 2. Wouldn't that be grand?!? :giggle:

Last edited:

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
How many of you guys plan on keeping your 2024 Tacoma for the long haul? Anyone buying the 24s and plan on trading them in when the refresh model comes out in few years? Just curious what everyone’s plans are. I plan on keeping mine for 20 plus years
I had my 2006 Tacoma Prerunner until August 2023. I put all 307,000 miles on it myself. I am planning on keeping my 2024 until it takes me to the graveyard. I nicknamed it the hearse.

Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Original owners and currently driving a 2004 Highlander V6 AWD as I wait for delivery on my Hybrid Limited. If the '24 Taco holds up as well as the '04 Highlander, I don't see why it wouldn't be another 20 years unless range/PHEV took a massive leap forward.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Truth be told I don't know, all depends where they go with the next year and what they fix, where my equity and trade in value stands, all that fun stuff.

I love this truck and I'm loving the manual transmission but I'm quickly regretting my decision on not getting PPF in certain areas, not getting side steps or rails, and getting the color white (because clearly they haven't dealt with the issue with their white paint).

I have a couple dents and dings already, but I'm not worried, it's a truck. Although the rocks got my white paint tore up pretty damn good and I'm fairly bitter over it, interior paneling is taking a beating, cheap easy to scratch plastics, the seats are stained to all hell as I expected, why they went with a light colored cloth with a black headliner baffles me.

So I can go two ways, trade in next year or the following year and hope for improvements on certain things and maybe finally some god damn leather seats for the manual option; or I can keep my current truck, wrap over the torn up white paint with a nice camouflage wrap and buy some insanely prices leather seat covers and call it a day.

I think it's just going all dial down to how good this truck is going to hold up for me. If any major issues pop up, I may very well so trade in, it is a first year afterall.

With the way the vehicle scene is going though I can start seeing them transitioning into all iForce Max vehicles and slowly phasing out the manual in the Tacoma, none of those I want in the slightest

Originally, and still currently the case, I wanted to fully pay off this Tacoma and make it into the overlanding beast it deserves to be, and then have a secondary one ton or two ton truck to use for pulling my camper and other things this 1/4 ton won't handle all that well with.

Sponsored

4thGenOffRd

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road
I love this truck and plan on keeping for a long time. The truck is just too fun to drive, especially off road. I’m slowly upgrading the truck without voiding my extended warranty. My next big upgrade will be the OEM lift kit from Toyota.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Probably awhile! Particulate filters and more crazy government emission BS coming soon (2027)!

dunder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Trailhunter, '25 MB CLE53
I’m thinking 6-8 years based on buying Toyota’s extended warranty. Anytime after will depend on how many times I needed to use the warranty.

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
I had my 2004 STi from 2005-2011 traded it for a 2012 STi. Still have that STi, nearly 13 years now.
We had our 2006 Mazda 3 for 10 years before gifting it to our kid and getting a 2021 Outback.
I have no problem buying new so long as I keep it minimum 8 years. And if I love it then I'll just keep it until it costs too much to keep up.
Sponsored