Seat Clunk TRD PRO

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
The iso dynamic driver seat clunks when I move in a certain way or in response to how the truck is moving. Passenger seat doesn’t seem to do it when I sit in it. I’m trying to pin down where it’s coming from. Maybe the area of the seat behind my upper back. Need to play with it more….My wife isn’t getting the clunking when she drives (difference in body weight I guess). Anyone else feeling this?
Sponsored

Desertrunner

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tacoma OR. 24 TRD pro
Yes and only the drivers seat. Already have an appointment set up at the dealership to figure it out.

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Yes and only the drivers seat. Already have an appointment set up at the dealership to figure it out.
Ok. Interesting. Let me know how that goes. I'm in next week to get the tailgate fixed. Will discuss it with them.

Davesnhere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
No clunks yet on mine, but I'm only at 300 miles...

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
The iso dynamic driver seat clunks when I move in a certain way or in response to how the truck is moving. Passenger seat doesn’t seem to do it when I sit in it. I’m trying to pin down where it’s coming from. Maybe the area of the seat behind my upper back. Need to play with it more….My wife isn’t getting the clunking when she drives (difference in body weight I guess). Anyone else feeling this?
When you say clunking, is it a loud clunk? I had stuff on floor behind my iso seats that I hear from the constant bumpy roads and itll go away when it smooths out.
Keep us posted on what your dealership finds out. I am at 671 miles on my pro btw.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
When you say clunking, is it a loud clunk? I had stuff on floor behind my iso seats that I hear from the constant bumpy roads and itll go away when it smooths out.

Keep us posted on what your dealership finds out. I am at 671 miles on my pro btw.
It's not so much a sound as it is a feeling if that makes sense. You feel it clunking against your back.

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not so much a sound as it is a feeling if that makes sense. You feel it clunking against your back.
Do you have your seats set to the offroad setting or the "off" setting? I adjusted mine for my gf and I's weight and put them on the offroad setting. Ill look out for the clunking, but I dont believe I have felt this. Keep me posted on what you hear from a dealership if you go get it checked out.

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Do you have your seats set to the offroad setting or the "off" setting? I adjusted mine for my gf and I's weight and put them on the offroad setting. Ill look out for the clunking, but I dont believe I have felt this. Keep me posted on what you hear from a dealership if you go get it checked out.
I adjusted for our weights as well. It is currently in the road setting though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Mine is adjusted to my weight and does it in both settings.
Try putting it on the offroad setting and just driving normally. I would also see if your local dealership would take a look based on what @Desertrunner's dealership says.
I can try but think it will be the same. It's just kind of annoying and my feeling is if something isn't right...they need to fix it.

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is adjusted to my weight and does it in both settings.
Update us what your dealership says.
I can try but think it will be the same. It's just kind of annoying and my feeling is if something isn't right...they need to fix it.
Yeah, definitely should be taken a look at and fixed if there is something wrong for sure. Also, keep us posted on what you hear from your dealership if/when you take it in. I will keep an eye on mine as well.