2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Just got an eta on mine. Coming from Bensenville IL to IA showing 08/22 - 08/28. Chicago land to IA is only ~240 miles so fingers crossed it’s prior to weekend and I can change my existing flight to go get it Saturday! Super excited to see some progress finally.
Truck arrived in IA yesterday! Worked out where I just changed a flight at the end of our vacation to IA instead of Denver and am getting it this afternoon. Super excited!
Sponsored

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
I just got my official VIN this morning the truck was built yesterday 8/23..so now I can hopefully track it and get some info on what is happening to it as far as delI very.. What web page are you guys using to track your tacomas.. thanks

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got my official VIN this morning the truck was built yesterday 8/23..so now I can hopefully track it and get some info on what is happening to it as far as delI very.. What web page are you guys using to track your tacomas.. thanks
Mostly just the inventory search function and texting the dealer. My sales guy has been awesome and was ok with me bugging him haha.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Vidman I have been tracking my truck from the Toyota.com inventory search. It took a couple of weeks after it was built before it showed up there though. Congrats on your truck.

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My salesman has been great so far along with the sales manager who sold me my last truck so hopefully it won’t go on the QH list.. thanks

Sponsored

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the help guys..

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Hybrid Highlander
Congratulations @2ndGen2TrlHntr ! Toyota always seems to give these one week long ranges. Did you get it yet, as you are in the range. I don't know if they actually deliver at the end or the beginning on average. I have 6 more days before entering my delivery range of Estimated availability 08/30/24 - 09/15/24. I'm expecting the real date to be 3rd week September.

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
Just got my
1000000324.jpg
Trailhunter today fellas it's a beast, I luv it!!!
Congrats! Looks amazing. I love the look of the bronze with the silver and black accents. I'm waiting on an Ice Cap, but really like the look of the silver. Enjoy that beast!

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations @2ndGen2TrlHntr ! Toyota always seems to give these one week long ranges. Did you get it yet, as you are in the range. I don't know if they actually deliver at the end or the beginning on average. I have 6 more days before entering my delivery range of Estimated availability 08/30/24 - 09/15/24. I'm expecting the real date to be 3rd week September.
I am sitting on a plane now to get the truck. I will update as soon as I actually have the truck. It’s almost a reality haha.

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Just got off the phone with my dealer in Berkley with some updates. A bunch of Trailhunters showed up at the port in Benicia today, mine included.
Mine will be put on hold waiting on a part for the snorkel.
Some of the trucks on the ship will head straight out to dealers.
He said most of the ones heading out straight away are trucks that had May and June build dates. They spent their QC hold in Mexico and had their snorkel or gasket repaired there.
They didn't have enough parts to fix all the trucks, but wanted a full load out on the ship, so they put a full load on the vessel and many of the early builds are ready to ship out.
Mine was built on July 26th and didn't get the snorkel repair so it'll sit here in the bay until it's fixed. Dealer said latest would be mid October. That is a guess by him because the ones going out now are 3 months past their build date, and 3 months past my build date would be mid October.
Hope this info helps some of you, but the good news is there are several Trailhunters sitting in Benicia as of today, and they'll roll out tomorrow for 8/20-9/10 deliveries based on distance from the port.
Do we know if the new ones being built from now onwards will have this QC hold as well or is only affecting trucks built between a specific set of dates?

Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Do we know if the new ones being built from now onwards will have this QC hold as well or is only affecting trucks built between a specific set of dates?
The part-swaps (May/June rigs) occurred in Mexico so I’d say yes, with the current QC hold that has finally been resolved you can bank on your truck getting the revision on the factory floor. Something else goes wrong in the future, your guess as good as anybody’s.

My dealer had me allocated on 2 THs and guaranteed I’d receive whichever was delivered first: 1 built in June and another built week 34. Getting the June build and they fixed it in Mexico. Turns out they’re doing right for the OG crew who’ve been waiting since spring and fitting parts & delivering. I fly out next week to FINALLY get my taco

parker17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD OFF-Road
For those of you wondering. My truck was sitting in Long Beach and got off of hold on Sunday, August 18. I just picked it up at my dealer here in SoCal today August, 24. So if your truck is in Long Beach and gets off hold to go to a dealer in SoCal, expect a week or less!

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
For those of you wondering. My truck was sitting in Long Beach and got off of hold on Sunday, August 18. I just picked it up at my dealer here in SoCal today August, 24. So if your truck is in Long Beach and gets off hold to go to a dealer in SoCal, expect a week or less!
what did you end up paying for it? MSRP or above sticker?