Beat Sonic amp worth the price?

G MAN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silverado
Is the amp worth the $300 cost ???????? Did it boost the volume and sound of the back seat speakers ?
Sponsored

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
You can't turn down the front speaker independently, so all speakers would be boosted. Also, I would not buy any amps that doesn't allow for adjustments after you put everything back together.

Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
You can't turn down the front speaker independently, so all speakers would be boosted. Also, I would not buy any amps that doesn't allow for adjustments after you put everything back together.
Never understood why they didn't make a remote tuning knob or something. Way to much work to do it more than once and to try and guess, no thanks. It is what has kept me from spending the money for it.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I need to look into an amp and maybe better speakers; Iā€™m disappointed in the JBLā€™s performance. I was finally able to play my FLAC and DVD-A files in the Taco, and it is significantly worse than my Genesis G70ā€™s Lexicon System. Maybe Iā€™ll give this a try.

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
You can't change speakers independently, but there are two gain controls. One for front and one for rear. I set mine with the front between the 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock position, while the rear is at the 12 o'clock position. This was based off their install video on youtube:

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
You can't change speakers independently, but there are two gain controls. One for front and one for rear. I set mine with the front between the 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock position, while the rear is at the 12 o'clock position. This was based off their install video on youtube:
I saw another post where someone wished they had turned up the rears a little more that what the video shows while installing. This makes sense, the rears are hard to hear because of location.

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Does the amp allow you to change the sound field bias from the front of the cab to the center? I get that it makes it louder. For those who did the install, where and how did you secure the amp in the open compartment? I would expect it to bounce around in there as soon as the vehicle goes off road.

Forest Moon

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OR Supersonic Red MT
You can install it in the glove box for easy access. It comes with velcro strips that are meant to secure it in there.

Does the amp allow you to change the sound field bias from the front of the cab to the center? I get that it makes it louder. For those who did the install, where and how did you secure the amp in the open compartment? I would expect it to bounce around in there as soon as the vehicle goes off road.
It won't be bouncing around, there is a lot less room than you may think. The head unit takes up quite a bit of space. I had mine installed directly under the radio and it was basically jammed tight in there. No need to actually secure it in place. It comes with foam strips to prevent metal on metal contact(no vibrations.)

To answer the OP's question, I did not think it was worth the price. I was expecting to be wowed but was completely underwhelmed. It added too much bass for my liking and any improvements in overall clarity were not noticeable to my ears. All it really seemed to do is increase the volume and add bass. Highs and mids did not seem to improve in my opinion.

I am actually fine with the factory JBL system. I know there are some mixed reviews but it is much better sounding than either of my 3rd gens, even after some upgrades I had done.

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I appreciate your perspective. Iā€™m only interested if it makes the rear speakers/woofer able to balance out the front bias. (Not even sure thereā€™s a woofer in that enclosure behind the seat). If I canā€˜t bring the sound field back towards the center of the cab, thereā€™s no point just making it louder.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I appreciate your perspective. Iā€™m only interested if it makes the rear speakers/woofer able to balance out the front bias. (Not even sure thereā€™s a woofer in that enclosure behind the seat). If I canā€˜t bring the sound field back towards the center of the cab, thereā€™s no point just making it louder.
You can adjust the balance on the factory unit towards the rear. I bumped mine back and it made it much better.

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I move the sound field back and the audio is barely audible from the back speakers. Maybe if I could just run the amp to the rear it could help, but I definitely donā€™t need more power to the front speakers. Maybe Iā€™ll just wait for a sale on the amp and try it then.
Sponsored