2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max

DaveyJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport plus
Awesome. Mine falls into this TSB. Luckily it's already at the dealer getting the dash ripped out to replace the cracked EVAP core. Good times.
I'm in the same situation,truck has been sitting at the dealer for 4 weeks and counting waiting for the part and my VIN is in the TSB

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Wonder what the chances are of this turning into a recall/replacement for the affected VINs?

Hate that mine is a part of it and it kinda feels like a waiting game before it detonates. No issues as of yet, but it's not a good feeling just wondering if today is the day.

Sponsored

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Is this the list of all VINs that had transmission failures?
It is the range that may be affected. Lookup your VIN up to the last six numbers. If your last six numbers are smaller than the one on the sheet, then you are part of this TSB. It does not mean yours will fail, just that it may as it happens to be within the range and this is the fix.

If it is bigger, you are outside the range and not a part of this TSB.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Glad to see this. A TSB just means that if you take your truck to the dealer with the failure symptoms there is a defined process to get it fixed. Basically it assures you of getting prompt attention and how Toyota will handle it.

Just got my truck yesterday and haven't had time to check to see if my VIN is in range, but super glad to see this happen.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Glad to see this. A TSB just means that if you take your truck to the dealer with the failure symptoms there is a defined process to get it fixed. Basically it assures you of getting prompt attention and how Toyota will handle it.

Just got my truck yesterday and haven't had time to check to see if my VIN is in range, but super glad to see this happen.
Promised I’d post it the second I seen it

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Wonder what the chances are of this turning into a recall/replacement for the affected VINs?

Hate that mine is a part of it and it kinda feels like a waiting game before it detonates. No issues as of yet, but it's not a good feeling just wondering if today is the day.
[/QUO

So the wait is over, nice.

Sponsored

Huntsman7272

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
VIN #TMLB5JN2RM002132

So if I am reading this correctly, I do fall within the range of vehicles that may have an issue. Does that mean I take it in and get things replaced or do I have to wait until something goes wrong?

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
It says market USA and Mexico. I assume it is for Canada too? Or is that a different market and VIN range?

To my recollection, a TSB is not a recall but a procedure when a failure happens. Makes it quicker for dealers to default to warranty and what to do.

Also the VINs in the range are to watch for possible failures. Not that they will fail, then it would be a recall.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
So am I getting this right? If your vin starts starts 3TYLC5....does that mean not impacted then?
Same question, because I'm not sure which VIN to compare mine with. Mine also starts with 3TYLC5 and my last six digits are 005347. But there are no 3TYLC5 VINs in that list. So how do I determine if mine is in or out?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
VIN #TMLB5JN2RM002132

So if I am reading this correctly, I do fall within the range of vehicles that may have an issue. Does that mean I take it in and get things replaced or do I have to wait until something goes wrong?
Wait for it to fail
Sponsored