Sponsored

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR
That looks like a pre-production VIN? (because of a letter in the last 6) Is that what’s on your rig?
I've noticed a lot of recent trucks arriving at my local dealer having the letter in the last 6, either an A or B. Thought it was odd as well.
Sponsored

Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
I'm gonna have the oil changed at 1k mi. Then at 5k with tire rotation and probably every 5k thereafter. Call me crazy because the dealer will probably think so but hey...it ain't their truck
I have always done the same will all our new vehicles. Not crazy at all.

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I'm on the list as well. However, just made it over 1300 miles towing my camper, crossing the continental divide at roughly 20lbs under the GVWR of my truck. Chicago -> Moab. No issues thus far, hoping the return trip will be uneventful as well.

If the transmission made it going west through the Rockies with 270@25 winds up those 7% grades with a 4000# trailer, feeling pretty good at this point. Only time will tell I guess :)

PXL_20240912_233237942.jpg

PXL_20240913_000008569.jpg

Toy@home

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma.. SR5..rwd
Lol, I was thinking hmm maybe should have bought the GMC Sierra I wanted and paid the higher gas costs. 🤔
But I think once you get some miles on it you’re safe. Likely this issue pops up within 10,000 miles or earlier.
I sure hope so cause I opted out on the extended warranty. Figured I would purchase a 100k 10yr warranty from another company other than Toyota after the factory warranty runs out to avoid an extra 200 dollars or so added to my monthly payment. Fingers and toes crossed here in Texas.!!!!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Similar to the machining debris fiasco related to the V6 in the Tundra, Toyota has the option of replacing the entire trans/converter on all affected Tacoma’s. IMO that would be the right thing to do.

This option would be preferred as affected owners are basically sitting on a transmission time bomb.

Will the tranny decide to crap out in the middle of the desert during an over-landing trip hundreds of miles from home?

I assume Aisin will be on the hook for all warranty related work.

Come on Toyota leadership. Do the right thing and contact all affected owners for a transmission/converter replacement as a customer satisfaction campaign.

Last edited:

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
Similar to the machining debris fiasco related to the V6 in the Tundra, Toyota has the option of replacing the entire trans/converter on all affected Tacoma’s. IMO that would be the right thing to do.

This option would be preferred as affected owners are basically sitting on a transmission time bomb.

Will the tranny decide to crap out in the middle of the desert during an over-landing trip hundreds of miles from home?

I assume Aisin will be on the hook for all warranty related work.

Come on Toyota leadership. Do the right thing and contact all affected owners for a transmission/converter replacement as a customer satisfaction campaign.
Unfortunately they simply don’t know all affected trucks. It’s a pretty rarce occurrence, looking like about 1 in 1000 sales or so have a reported issue to NTSB.

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I've never been so glad in all my life to own a manual transmission. I bought very early after production, I've no doubt if I didn't buy manual it'd probably be sitting in the shop now.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I've never been so glad in all my life to own a manual transmission. I bought very early after production, I've no doubt if I didn't buy manual it'd probably be sitting in the shop now.
Don’t be that dramatic dude, it’s still highly unlikely to have a bad trans. On top of that the Manuel transmissions has their own tsb from Toyota which requires replacing the entire trans

frosty4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Don’t be that dramatic dude, it’s still highly unlikely to have a bad trans. On top of that the Manuel transmissions has their own tsb from Toyota which requires replacing the entire trans
FWIW my manual trans VIN is in the latest TSB and not the manual specific one. I think the latest one just has an incorrect description mentioning automatics.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I'm on the list as well. However, just made it over 1300 miles towing my camper, crossing the continental divide at roughly 20lbs under the GVWR of my truck. Chicago -> Moab. No issues thus far, hoping the return trip will be uneventful as well.

If the transmission made it going west through the Rockies with 270@25 winds up those 7% grades with a 4000# trailer, feeling pretty good at this point. Only time will tell I guess :)

PXL_20240912_233237942.jpg

PXL_20240913_000008569.jpg
How was it for your rear seat passengers?