OHTacoCamper

OHTacoCamper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road
How long from ordering till receiving your system did it take? Ordered mine late today so not estimate yet. Just curious.
Hey, sorry I never replied. Decked was actually really quick, about 7 days after ordering it was shipped. Hopefully, you got yours!
Sponsored

DrewRoss59

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
This is specifically for the 24 Tacoma with Power Bed Accessory. The instructions included have you buy some magnets and glue to modify the cover to the USB ports so I can access them. The deck has a cut-out on the right side so the plug door can open freely with no issue or modification.

I read Decked's instructions for modifying the USB port, and it looks relatively simple, but I won't know until I start taking everything apart. I'll capture some photos and post my thoughts.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 14.50.58.png

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 14.57.28.png
Looking forward to how you do the Mod. I put the same system in my Trailhunter and have to Mod the t to get access to the compressor. I haven’t done it yet because I have a compressor to use for now. But I want to see how people come up with new ideas.
2024 Tacoma Decked Midsize Drawer for 2024 Tacoma Power Accessory Bed 5' Bed (YT9) -- installed photos IMG_1791

parker17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD OFF-Road
Looking forward to how you do the Mod. I put the same system in my Trailhunter and have to Mod the t to get access to the compressor. I haven’t done it yet because I have a compressor to use for now. But I want to see how people come up with new ideas.
IMG_1791.jpeg
Does it seem like it'll be easy to mod for the compressor? My truck is about to arrive and I have a system waiting for it, but I really don't want to cover my compressor as I need access to it.

TRDTACO

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Hi all, Happy 4th! I hope you're having a good one.

I completed the USB/12V charger cover mod for the Decked system and wanted to just share some pictures. Overall pretty simple and straight forward process. I used a small hack saw to cut the cover, but think a Dremel Wheel would be a better tool. I also used 4 magnets on the cover instead of the 3 recommended by the instructions. Finally, I swapped out the D-ring tie downs with the Charvonia Designs ones, and swapped the handle on the drawer to black, to keep my "blacked out" theme going.

IMG_0765.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0769.jpeg

IMG_0770.jpeg

IMG_0768.jpeg

IMG_0767.jpeg

IMG_0774.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0772.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

IMG_0776.jpeg
@OHTacoCamper Did you have to disconnect and reconnect the battery when unplugging and plugging back in the charging port?

OP
OP
OHTacoCamper

OHTacoCamper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road
@OHTacoCamper Did you have to disconnect and reconnect the battery when unplugging and plugging back in the charging port?
No, I did not disconnect the battery. I simply unplugged and plugged the charging port back in after making the modifications.
Sponsored