Sponsored

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
I'm not "people". I'd like to say my 30+ years in the repair industry gives me a slight edge above the average joe that doesn't have the automotive repair backgroud. But I get it; everyone is a know-it-all.

Regardless - I never said any brand is better. Many features, interiors, etc are MUCH better on other vehicles. But for the last time - reliability and resale cannot be argued - it's backed by data.

FYI-after looking at the features/price/mpg, I am not interested in the new Tacoma. Keeping my 22 (maybe Landcruiser in the future)

Enjoy your Ranger.
I’m not the one that said anything about the Ranger. I was agreeing with you and saying the other person who quoted you talking about Ford products was using anecdotes.
Sponsored

paulbdotcom

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD
Crap sorry lol - one thing I suck at is quoting on this app lol

Sponsored

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I too have owned 30 plus vehicles of different manufacturers, Chrysler products have always been the worst for quality and reliability. The times have changed and reputations along with it. No manufacturer is perfect although, Toyota's current reputation as a one of the most reliable producers of automobiles is in no way threatened by any of the big 3. Ironic they're even referred as the big three anymore.....

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Thats the color I want as well..not sure if I want to go with the Premium or not though. I really like 360 cameras and vented seats.

02to24taco

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Funny how you ignored his point about them being the highest in resale value which regardless of your reliability claims is undeniable. The single most expensive part of owning a car is its depreciation when you sell it and tacomas hold their value better than any other.
also I can’t speak to every generation of toyota you mentioned but I had a 2002 tacoma I bought in 2005 and ran it to 325k before I sold it and it never had any problems. Original engine, transmission and everything else with the only issue being some minor oil leaks. Definitely never experienced the issues you mentioned. I would be willing to bet a bunch of others on the forum could attest to the same.
so unless you’re speaking to first hand experience regarding your claims about toyota reliability as it relates to pretty much every generation since you mentioned them all, maybe trust the posters in the forum regarding toyota reliability.

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Funny how you ignored his point about them being the highest in resale value which regardless of your reliability claims is undeniable. The single most expensive part of owning a car is its depreciation when you sell it and tacomas hold their value better than any other.
also I can’t speak to every generation of toyota you mentioned but I had a 2002 tacoma I bought in 2005 and ran it to 325k before I sold it and it never had any problems. Original engine, transmission and everything else with the only issue being some minor oil leaks. Definitely never experienced the issues you mentioned. I would be willing to bet a bunch of others on the forum could attest to the same.
so unless you’re speaking to first hand experience regarding your claims about toyota reliability as it relates to pretty much every generation since you mentioned them all, maybe trust the posters in the forum regarding toyota reliability.

Can't speak personally on Tacoma, although a couple of friend have 2006 and lower models and never seen a shop once other than for a leak which turned out to be normal AC leak. But I can definitely speak on a few of their cars, I've never had a Toyota in a shop for repair, I definitely had lots of dodges and GMs in the shop though lol. Toyota until I die.

that_dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Anyone notice how the base price for each grade on the first page of the configurator does not match the base price in the summary... They all jump up about 1k from the base price on the first page...

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Anyone notice how the base price for each grade on the first page of the configurator does not match the base price in the summary... They all jump up about 1k from the base price on the first page...
They add in the $1.5k processing delivery price once they start showing the total price, after that first step
Sponsored