Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Sport air dam removal / TRD skid plate soon!

Mark_Tacoma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Well, I took off the ugly air dam from my 2024 Tacoma Sport. Looks better already, but not perfect. See before / after pictures. I have circled in red the felt-ish material that is now exposed without the air dam. With those 2 wind-catchers, I am definately getting a howling sound (starting around 35 mph). I have purchased a TRD skid-plate, but am still waiting for the NYTOP Front Frame Cross Member to arrive. I'll update this thread with new
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Sport air dam removal / TRD skid plate soon! close_u
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Sport air dam removal / TRD skid plate soon! with_air_dam
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Sport air dam removal / TRD skid plate soon! without_air_dam
pictures once installed, and update you re: if the howling noise goes away (which kinda sounds like wind blowing through a cave).
Sponsored

HoptownBob

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
Well, I took off the ugly air dam from my 2024 Tacoma Sport. Looks better already, but not perfect. See before / after pictures. I have circled in red the felt-ish material that is now exposed without the air dam. With those 2 wind-catchers, I am definately getting a howling sound (starting around 35 mph).
The howling noise is not from those areas, it is coming from the holes that do not have the plugs. You need to purchase the plugs but until you get them just cover the holes with blue painters tape.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Sport air dam removal / TRD skid plate soon! IMG_0896

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Sport air dam removal / TRD skid plate soon! IMG_0903

OP
OP

Mark_Tacoma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
The howling noise is not from those areas, it is coming from the holes that do not have the plugs. You need to purchase the plugs but until you get them just cover the holes with blue painters tape.

IMG_0896.jpeg

IMG_0903.jpeg
Oh, ok. Thanks! I'll look into trying to get those. The would have been super frustrating after getting the skid plate on and still having the noise. Thanks again, Mark
Sponsored