Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
They recalled all the parts, what my dealer told me. So when the old ones that are out there do fail they will have the new one ready. I am waiting on the new part.
Okay but that is not considered a "recall". Think some are confused it's just a part recall - not a vehicle recall. A dealer would know that the part has been recalled back unless they had one of the evaporator boxes in their inventory or one that was scheduled to arrive that needed to be sent back.
Sponsored

DaveyJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport plus
I have the issue and my VIN is 3TY also assembled in March. DO NOT TRUST THE DEALERS. They Cant get the part or reinstall the part because if they do the mounting cross member will break the new unit. I bought my truck in May, and dropped it off June 15th and its still there, no part because its still on "backorder". The engineers at the MANUFACTURER arent being proactive to come up with a solution for the ones down in the field(BECUASE OF CRASH BAR ASSEMBLY PROCESS on the manufacturing line). the owner of the dealership for the second time claims he will get me a replacement truck. I have rags stuffed inside under the dash to catch the water until the lemon lawyer get me a full payout or i get a new truck. Im not paying and have a rental RAV4.I have posession of the truck im paying for. They have told me originally June 26th for the part, then july 1st, then july 15th, then july 22, then july 29th??? Im over it. Dealer says he has no control over parts and you cant get any information out of the BRAND ENGAGEMENT PEOPLE. I WORK FOR TOYOTA, i can only imagine what the dealerships are doing to other customers. that slop job shoud be posted all over the internet especially sent to the brand engagement people becuase they pay top doller for repair work from manufacturer to dealership. this whole thing has me beyond pissed off.
Hi,just wondering if you got the truck fixed?I just dropped my truck off this week for same problem.Dealer told me two weeks for the part.I have the sport premium,March 24 build date.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Hi,just wondering if you got the truck fixed?I just dropped my truck off this week for same problem.Dealer told me two weeks for the part.I have the sport premium,March 24 build date.
How bad was it dripping? Does your vin start with 3tm or 3ty?

DaveyJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport plus
How bad was it dripping? Does your vin start with 3tm or 3ty?
3TY…steady drip on my foot.Dealer wouldn’t let me take it home when I said I wouldn’t use a/c… “two weeks for part and two days to install”

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Something I read said that problem came from improperly assembled crash bars at Guanajuato (3TY), so most with this problem will be 3TY.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
3TY…steady drip on my foot.Dealer wouldn’t let me take it home when I said I wouldn’t use a/c… “two weeks for part and two days to install”
I can believe the two day install because there is significant disassembly of the dash to get to the evaporator.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR
Whew, had to run out to my truck after reading this thread. Mine was built in the last week of June and delivered to the dealer 8/16. I picked it up 8/17, 3TY vin. Everything looks perfect under there and no drips. Really hoping this is an (at the factory) issue & not one that can develop. I'd rather have my transmission replaced than my whole dash torn out.

mayday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 sr5
i just got a sr5 with the infamous 3ty vin - this thread got me worried so i ran out to check- no drips, but interestingly, did find a colored mark right at the seam - quality control check? reinforcing strip?
20240825_080834.jpg

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR
My recent build also has the pink mark, I was thinking QC check as well.

IMG_2912.PNG
Sponsored