Axle Dump - Resonator Purpose?

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I like the idea of axle dumping exhaust but would like to understand the purpose of the resonator on my OR.
I suspect its purpose is to eliminate unwanted exhaust harmonics.
Would like to hear back from those who have installed the tip re: cab “drone” issues at highway speed. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
People that have done the axle dump say it is noticeable from the outside but not so much on the inside. I'm like you though I'm wanting a dump but I'm not wanting to lose the resonator. IMHO it's there because it serves a purpose. I wonder if instead of completely removing it, if it's possible to chop up the pipes and relocate it to just aft of the muffler, then have the dump pipe come off of that.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
People that have done the axle dump say it is noticeable from the outside but not so much on the inside. I'm like you though I'm wanting a dump but I'm not wanting to lose the resonator. IMHO it's there because it serves a purpose. I wonder if instead of completely removing it, if it's possible to chop up the pipes and relocate it to just aft of the muffler, then have the dump pipe come off of that.
I was thinking similar... How compact could you make the linkage to keep the resonator but then immediately trail dump it

Daveintb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SR5 2wd
I have bought and installed the axle dump and yes, I can tell a difference from the inside of the cab. It’s a little louder than I like and am planning on reinstalling the stock pipe.
Sponsored