Sponsored

Build Week vs Delivery Date

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
So, I ended up on a Connecticut dealer site looking for a particular truck and noticed the "Vehicle is in build status..." verbiage. What struck me was that these trucks were all built in weeks 32, 33, and 34. The estimated delivery dates were late October to early November. You won't find this on Toyota.com; it just lists them as "in build status." These were all gray-scale colors, OFs, and SR5s, non-hybrid, so nothing outlandish. My truck is a week 34 build, and I'm hoping these dates don't come to fruition.
Sponsored

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
The dates are really confusing..some trucks that have been built for a month don't have an estimated delivery date but some trucks that aren't even built yet do...

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
My original build date was week 33 this week so my salesman texted me on Monday saying that the build date is now 8/23 so maybe I’m looking at mid November delivery..kinda sucks but at least there are other people in the boat with me..I’m waiting on a TH

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
My original build date was week 33 this week so my salesman texted me on Monday saying that the build date is now 8/23 so maybe I’m looking at mid November delivery..kinda sucks but at least there are other people in the boat with me..I’m waiting on a TH
I'm counting on a late September delivery. If it's pushed back...oh, well. The only real reason I hope to get it earlier is so I can do a winter prep. I want virgin metal to seal and coat before the salt and gravel start getting put down.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
@WKTJR1 Where are you finding the estimated delivery dates?

My truck has only ever been listed as "in build phase" in the Toyota inventory, with nothing from Toyota or my dealer as far as a delivery date. I am also hoping for late September but that is more or less based on nothing at this point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
@WKTJR1 Where are you finding the estimated delivery dates?

My truck has only ever been listed as "in build phase" in the Toyota inventory, with nothing from Toyota or my dealer as far as a delivery date. I am also hoping for late September but that is more or less based on nothing at this point.
It was for a dealer Gates Toyota in Connecticut. I haven't looked on other dealer sites but it struck me as strange they were showing trucks in build status with delivery dates, far out dates at that.

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
The dealers are full of it. The salesperson at your local dealership can’t possibly know the exact delivery date. There are too many external factors. Shipping companies, customs, distribution, longshoremen, truckers, operators all on their own schedules. Mines waiting at a Mexican deep water port for a Bahamas flagged vehicle transport vessel to get clearance to dock, as best I can speculate. Don’t know why could be weather related delays, labor disputes, or some logistical or regulatory delay.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
It was for a dealer Gates Toyota in Connecticut. I haven't looked on other dealer sites but it struck me as strange they were showing trucks in build status with delivery dates, far out dates at that.
Yeah that is strange.

I think my dealer is just being more honest by saying that they have no clue. None of the dealers near me show anything but contact us for availability.

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
I'm counting on a late September delivery. If it's pushed back...oh, well. The only real reason I hope to get it earlier is so I can do a winter prep. I want virgin metal to seal and coat before the salt and gravel start getting put down.
I’m trying for the same thing with the new frame and hope the salt doesn’t get here before the truck

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
@Vidman @WKTJR1 I definitely hear that. I moved from Ohio to Virginia last year and road salt where I now live is pretty rare, with our normally mild winters. But in Ohio they brine for 2 snowflakes and pour out the salt for 4!

Trucks have a rough way to go in that kind of environment.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
@Vidman @WKTJR1 I definitely hear that. I moved from Ohio to Virginia last year and road salt where I now live is pretty rare, with our normally mild winters. But in Ohio they brine for 2 snowflakes and pour out the salt for 4!

Trucks have a rough way to go in that kind of environment.
A lot of folks in Maine have wells, so they can't use salt outside of the larger towns for fear of contamination. Instead, they use gravel and dirt; while sifted, it still takes a toll. After a few years, you'll have a sandblasted, rock-chipped windshield along with chipped paint. Replacing the windshield on one of your vehicles is a matter of when, not if.
Regarding my Tundra, I've been taking note of the amount of corrosion that eleven Maine winters have caused. The frame and suspension are structurally fine but look terrible. Thin metals take the worst hit; the backing plates on all four brake discs are pretty much gone. Exposed bolts and screw heads may or may not retain their original form, along with the exposed threads. The spare tire just collects all the debris, so I lube it every year to ensure it will function properly if I have to actually use it.

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma Prerunner
I have been watching and waiting since placing my Limited order with the dealer in mid March. Sequence went as follows:
1) Order placed with dealer 3/20/24.
2) Order ticket dropped to production 5/20/24.
3) Shipping from Baja confirmed 7/20/24.
4) Delivery target date was 7/31/24-2nd week of August as of shipping notification above.
5) I received a call from dealer sales manager 8/12/24 that the truck was currently on a hold at
transfer location/expect delivery 9/1/24-late September.
6) 8/13/24–received VM & text from my dealer salesman that truck delivery was confirmed for
that day and the carrier was in the dealer lot by the time I actually talked to him: on the phone.
7) Actual end result is that the truck will be cleaned up today/tomorrow and I will be picking up
my new Limited gas burner this Friday morning.

SO: hemlockz has what I think is the correct prospective on the vagaries of shipping/delivery information.

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
I have been watching and waiting since placing my Limited order with the dealer in mid March. Sequence went as follows:
1) Order placed with dealer 3/20/24.
2) Order ticket dropped to production 5/20/24.
3) Shipping from Baja confirmed 7/20/24.
4) Delivery target date was 7/31/24-2nd week of August as of shipping notification above.
5) I received a call from dealer sales manager 8/12/24 that the truck was currently on a hold at
transfer location/expect delivery 9/1/24-late September.
6) 8/13/24–received VM & text from my dealer salesman that truck delivery was confirmed for
that day and the carrier was in the dealer lot by the time I actually talked to him: on the phone.
7) Actual end result is that the truck will be cleaned up today/tomorrow and I will be picking up
my new Limited gas burner this Friday morning.

SO: hemlockz has what I think is the correct prospective on the vagaries of shipping/delivery information.
Wow!. At least the two month cycle was broken.

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Well, it's really about timing. If the yards are empty because a batch of trucks just left for the docks and your truck has just arrived, your truck will be there the longest. However, if your truck is among the last batch of trucks to arrive before they leave for the docks, then your wait will be the shortest—about a month, it seems.
Sponsored