Build Week vs Delivery Date

Tacoma nut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma SR5
I forget your exact spec... but you could call this dealer in and see if this one would come sooner and isn't spoken for:
https://smartpath.toyota.com/invent...dealerCd=45103&vin=3TYLC5LN2RT43B452&type=new

I forget what post someone decoded the temp VINs into, but if "B452" means build week 45, then it would be factory-out first week of November, so maybe not much better.

This one, in PA, looks like it might be on the dealer's lot... it has a real VIN assigned to it already and continued to display when I turned off "sale pending" and turned off "show in transit"
https://www.toyota.com/search-inventory/model/tacomahybrid/Tacoma-Limited/?salePending=false&zipcode=21228&showCompareVehicle=false&distance=500&vin=3TYLC5LN3RT005040&trim[]=7534&extColor[]=03U5

That last one is listed on the Dealer's website with a stock # already
https://www.laureltoyotapa.com/new/...m?intsrc=tcom:inventory:dealervisit:inventory

... maybe you can make a call and take a drive and have your truck this weekend?

Here is a Red Limited Hybird that has been sitting on the lot for 25 days. Give them a call as they are a rural internet car dealer.

https://www.fivestartoyota.com/new-...+Hybrid-Limited+i+FORCE+MAX-3TYLC5LN5RT006304
Sponsored

Attachments

Tacoma nut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma SR5

Attachments

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
UPDATE: The hits just keep on coming. I haven’t heard from my current dealer since Saturday, and I’m starting to notice a trend. Toyota is doing nothing; I even asked for a possible loaner since I’m down to one car. As usual, silence.

So, once again, I’m calling around and trying to find my own truck. Here’s how that’s been going:

One dealer in MA had two—yes, two—red Limiteds inbound. However, they don’t do out-of-state sales. Then the sales rep claims they don’t see any Limiteds. I told them they’ve been on Toyota.com for several weeks and even provided a VIN. I checked today, and both trucks are still listed with dates. They said they’d call me back. As expected, nothing. My impression is they’re new and don’t know what they’re talking about, as usual.

Next, I called another dealer in CT. The trucks are available and expected to arrive in late November. I asked about a deposit and was told it’s $1,000 non-refundable. Seriously? Eff that. I found another CT dealer but didn’t even bother calling after seeing their ridiculous pricing structure. Too many rip-off dealer-added fees—$100 for a trade-in fee? The list was extensive.

Then I reached out to a local dealer I’ve dealt with in the past. They said they could get another Limited from a sister dealer. Great! I asked them to send the specs, and I replied to the email, followed up with a voicemail. This was Monday afternoon. No reply, and still nothing on Tuesday. I called today to check if the salesperson was in the store. They paged him, but after a few minutes, someone else answered and said, “He no longer works here.” What? I just talked to him on Monday! “Yeah, well, stuff happens. I’ll have another salesman call you back.” Not holding my breath on this one either.

I called one more dealership that I was working with at the very beginning of this process; they have a reputation for actually trying to find vehicles for their clients.

After all of this, I still have the a truck reserved but with the strike maybe I can get it in the spring.

I will say this. Over the years, I have soften my stance towards dealers. But that has changed now. I'm tired of incompetence and the arrogance.

To be continued...

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Wow - you are on a roll, just like I have been with things other than my truck. I think changing your expectations to maybe getting a 2025 next Spring gives you a lot more options.

At this point it is really hard to say what will happen with the dock workers, although there are signs that they are making some progress. Look on the bright side - if you don't get a truck you don't have to worry about its transmission failing. lol

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Wow - you are on a roll, just like I have been with things other than my truck. I think changing your expectations to maybe getting a 2025 next Spring gives you a lot more options.

At this point it is really hard to say what will happen with the dock workers, although there are signs that they are making some progress. Look on the bright side - if you don't get a truck you don't have to worry about its transmission failing. lol
I understand, but from November to April, I'll be down to one vehicle, and that's going to be suck. The lack of information from my current dealer is really pissing me off. Regarding the strike, I'm relying on shipping sites rather than the media for information, and it's not looking good. Everything in transport and logistics is going to get more expensive due to "lack of". Estimates suggest that vehicle deliveries will be delayed by 3-5 days for every day the strike continues. Even a week-long strike could delay products for weeks, if not months. If my delivery gets pushed into 2025, I'll likely have to absorb higher costs and additional delivery fees.

EDIT: Just heard from my dealer and as expected, no trucks available. I asked if Toyota has provided any guidance to the dealers concerning deliveries.

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yep - down to one vehicle myself and it sucks. and this is just for one week. It's anyone's guess how long that strike will go on and how bad things get backed up. Too bad you can't work a remote deal, but I have never found most dealers to be very interested in doing that. Some day.
Sponsored