Sponsored

Does the Digital Key Expire?

DoorKnob4531

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road TRD
Why does it seem like every month I need to re-download my digital key? Does it expire?
2024 Tacoma Does the Digital Key Expire? IMG_4790
Sponsored

Paul F

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rav4
I work in cybersecurity and I think that's probably good practice. Curious as to how inconvenient that may be?

OP
OP

DoorKnob4531

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road TRD
I work in cybersecurity and I think that's probably good practice. Curious as to how inconvenient that may be?
If the app worked to download the key without issues it wouldn’t be a problem. Usually you need to delete the entire app, sign in to your account, then download the key again. The app has series issues.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Mine is still working from February when I got the truck and first set it up. It's not the same as say a server authentication certificate that has an expiration date. That said, I don't know why it would prompt you to download it after initial setup unless you got a new phone etc.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
I want to say I read that it requires a fresh download if not used for 2 or 3 weeks. Could be an issue related to that

Sponsored

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I want to say I read that it requires a fresh download if not used for 2 or 3 weeks. Could be an issue related to that
That scenario is certainly possible. I use mine almost every day so I haven't encountered a lack of use situation.

sparkytaco

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
I personally wouldnt use it. It works when it wants, then requires you to delete the app, sign in, sync as others have said. The Toyota app is a POS. Back to the keyfob for me.

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road
I haven't had a problem with the credit card key. The digital key works most of the time but who wants "most" of the time?
Sponsored