Free backseat subwoofer to good Taco !

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th gen TRD Sport 6MT
I never wanted the subwoofer that appears to come with every 4th gen TRD Sport. I would rather have the extra storage space. My 2nd and 3rd gen TRD Sport Tacos didn't have this speaker behind the backseat and I had all kinds of room for my prepper stuff, booze, and bottled water. Has anyone removed their behind the seat speaker and if so, how did you do it ? ? ?

2024 Tacoma Free backseat subwoofer to good Taco ! IMG_9377

2024 Tacoma Free backseat subwoofer to good Taco ! IMG_9380

2024 Tacoma Free backseat subwoofer to good Taco ! IMG_9075
Sponsored

Last edited:

AltarBoy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21trd off-road
That’s a jbl sub. Comes with the upgraded jbl sound system

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
I never wanted the subwoofer that appears to come with every 4th gen TRD Sport. I would rather have the extra storage space. My 2nd and 3rd gen TRD Sport Tacos didn't have this speaker behind the backseat and I had all kinds of room for my prepper stuff, booze, and bottled water. Has anyone removed their behind the seat speaker and if so, how did you do it ? ? ?

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg
you want to remove the subwoofer and gain inches of space and then what?

Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg
Snack supply is strong here!

How well do m&MS hold up in a car in Texas heat?

This photo dump for audio upgrades has pictures of the sub getting removed. Not sure what it will do to your audio with it out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ngPxb6VVYJSzKWYT9

OP
OP
TexasBlueCrush

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th gen TRD Sport 6MT
Snack supply is strong here!

How well do m&MS hold up in a car in Texas heat?

This photo dump for audio upgrades has pictures of the sub getting removed. Not sure what it will do to your audio with it out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ngPxb6VVYJSzKWYT9
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, that is echelons above my pay grade. I don't have the skill or the know how for a project that size.

As far as the pogey bait goes, peanut M&M's are the best. They melt in your mouth, not under your seats :)

nato0825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg
Remove the sub and send it to me... would love to take that thing off your hands lol

OP
OP
TexasBlueCrush

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th gen TRD Sport 6MT
Remove the sub and send it to me... would love to take that thing off your hands lol
I'd love to nato, the only problem is after i cut it out the plastic molding with my jigsaw or hacksaw, and removing the speaker itself thanks to Pootklopp's pictures, I would leave such a huge mess that would look awful. I need somebody that can do this professionally.

Charizard

First Name
mart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro - Terra
Prepper stuff… 37 bags of Doritos and 6lbs of M&M’s. I love this! Haha

Sponsored

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I'd love to nato, the only problem is after i cut it out the plastic molding with my jigsaw or hacksaw, and removing the speaker itself thanks to Pootklopp's pictures, I would leave such a huge mess that would look awful. I need somebody that can do this professionally.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Use one of these with the blade attachment. Just have a pail of water to cool the blade every so often or it will just melt the plastics.
Cutter

OP
OP
TexasBlueCrush

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th gen TRD Sport 6MT
Use one of these with the blade attachment. Just have a pail of water to cool the blade every so often or it will just melt the plastics.
Cutter
Thanks miqie, i don't have that particular tool but i do have a ryobi circular saw that really wants to cut into this plasti crap.

2024 Tacoma Free backseat subwoofer to good Taco ! IMG_9391

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Coming from someone who wants a good sub, this sub is fairly useless without the aftermarket plug and play AMP anyways, most of the bass comes from the door speakers so I can't blame you at all. Following for future reference if I ever want to replace the sub.

Toyota fumbled the ball real hard here with the JBL audio.
Sponsored