Hard Tonneau Cover with Power Tailgate?

Dankoma

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
This is the first feedback I got with Diamondback, so power tailgate doesn’t work properly with it?
I think if I dialed in how tight it was I can get it to work both ways. I am still breaking in the seal for it though so I haven't adjusted it since first install. I may play around with it in a few days to see if I can get it just right. It has gotten better though!
Sponsored

OP
OP
omni

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Premium
I think if I dialed in how tight it was I can get it to work both ways. I am still breaking in the seal for it though so I haven't adjusted it since first install. I may play around with it in a few days to see if I can get it just right. It has gotten better though!
Keep me posted as the Diamondback Switchback is my second option next to the OEM as my first option. Thank you!

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
What’s the difference between OEM? Seems a bit more pricey then OEM
It's $1199. Seems about the same as Backflip MX4 and OEM to me. I liked the carpeted/bed rug look on the underside of the Undercover, the top side aluminum panels are a smoother matt finish than OEM (which I like) and also wanted the 5 year warranty. Like the factory cover it doesn't interfere with the OEM bed rails and fits perfectly with no tailgate interference.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
It's $1199. Seems about the same as Backflip MX4 and OEM to me. I liked the carpeted/bed rug look on the underside of the Undercover, the top side aluminum panels are a smoother matt finish than OEM (which I like) and also wanted the 5 year warranty. Like the factory cover it doesn't interfere with the OEM bed rails and fits perfectly with no tailgate interference.
Except the backflip isn’t fitting perfectly and is having issues with the tailgate. Do some searches. So far the OE one is working the best.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Except the backflip isn’t fitting perfectly and is having issues with the tailgate. Do some searches. So far the OE one is working the best.
Yeah I didn’t buy a backflip. I’m happy with what I have. Don’t need to do any google research. Buy what you want. I was answering a question as to why I bought what I bought. I’m sure the OEM is fine. So is the Undercover Ultraflex.

Sponsored

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Does anyone tried any other brand than OEM that doesn’t had any problems with their power tailgate?

Where did you guys order your OEM Tonneau Tri-fold Cover and how much did you pay?

If not, what other brand do you use and how much did it cost you?
I’ve got one from Rough Country that I had on my 2021. It fit the 2024 just fine with new issues to the power tailgate.

Randyg

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide LTD; 2008 Speedway Blue Off-Road
I got the lomax pro and was around 1200 I believe. At realtruck.com. no problem with power tailgate
How well does it seal out rain? Installation as easy as the OEM?

OlafTheNork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Pro
I'm with "RideTime": Undercover Ultra Flex. Fits perfectly and has no issues with the tailgate.

The UltraFlex has drain tubes (2) to catch rail water that are inserted into each front corner of the bed. The installer needs to drill 2 large-enough holes into the bed for these drain tubes. I was uneasy about that at first but the drain tubes makes sense. Be sure to have a qualified, experienced installer install any tonneau cover. Also when drilling holes in those 2 bed corners have the specifically be careful that once through the bed, they stop, and not let the drill touch any metal underneath. If it happens, no worries, just apply weatherseal glue, liquid elect tape or paint. No worries.

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I want the Revolver X4s but I'm also concerned about whether or not it will work with the power tailgate. I personally like rolling covers more than the folding covers.

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
Does anyone tried any other brand than OEM that doesn’t had any problems with their power tailgate?

Where did you guys order your OEM Tonneau Tri-fold Cover and how much did you pay?

If not, what other brand do you use and how much did it cost you?
I have the Retrax cover. Works well with the electric tailgate

Sponsored

Datrane01

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2024 Off Road
How well does it seal out rain? Installation as easy as the OEM?
It seals out rain except where I didn't follow directions fully and let the seal that I was applying to the edge dip a bit too low. I don't know how easy the OEM version is to install, but based in what I'm seeing here, it is likely about the same. Both use the rail system to attach and I'm sure both have a weather seal to stick to the edge of the bed all around.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover

Sandytntn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 2024
If anyone is interested, i have a MX4 for sale, message me if interested. Great deal.

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Went with the retrax pro xr and Yakima overhaul. Happy so far.

2024 Tacoma Hard Tonneau Cover with Power Tailgate? IMG_5158

2024 Tacoma Hard Tonneau Cover with Power Tailgate? IMG_5157

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I am still on the fence about the Retrax, but damn @Tom Sellick that looks fine on your Pro. It fits a Terra Pro perfectly and to me it is more like a factory look than the actual factory tonneau.

I need to give this more thought because I have had other recommendations for this tonneau from a trusted source. My biggest concern is loss of bed space, but maybe that is not as important as I thought.

Hmmm...
Sponsored