Sponsored

Heads-Up Display (HUD) on 2024 Tacoma - Like/Dislike?

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Yeah, I love my truck and I write software for a living, but I find configuring the gauges extremely confusing. I might need to look for a YouTube video that might make this whole thing easier. I bet a lot of owners get them as close as possible to what they want and then just give up.

From what I have read there is no clear fix for the tire pressure problem.
And why, for the love of everything, did they not program that hitting the turn/lane change indicator doesn't activate a live view of the respective side mirror camera?!?
Also, WTF with not having all the factory colors in the software for matching your truck in the 360 camera views... pretty annoying to see it every time in a color that isn't actually your color.

(sorry, total thread derailment... should have stayed focused on the HUD & Navigation)
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Limited Hybrid
And why, for the love of everything, did they not program that hitting the turn/lane change indicator doesn't activate a live view of the respective side mirror camera?!?
Also, WTF with not having all the factory colors in the software for matching your truck in the 360 camera views... pretty annoying to see it every time in a color that isn't actually your color.

(sorry, total thread derailment... should have stayed focused on the HUD & Navigation)
Just curious, is it useful/possible to manually press the camera button when changing lanes to help peek?

But definitely agreed, that would be a useful feature. My mom has a CRV that does this... That's 10 years old. Maybe Toyota lawyers nixed the idea.

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap
As others have pointed out, only Apple Maps (for Apple Carplay users) displays turn-by-turn on the HUD when switched on. I've tested others including Waze and no dice.

I assume Goolge/Waze would pursue this as an added feature, but it may be restricted given that Apple Maps is native to Mac OS/Carplay. Apple does let others play in their sandbox, but may be reserving their best features for native solutions.

I've been using Apple Maps for nav lately and prefer it, but do love the police notifications in Waze.

ChrisWhaaaat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter, 2018 4runner limited/turned off-road, 1977 FJ45
Tint the windshield with a super faint Ceramic tint, keeps the UV rays and heat out and minimizes the need for sunglasses, and the HUD still works fine!

Anyone else’s HUD trim rattle like crazy? I need to ask the dealer to replace/check clips or just add a foam strip myself. I know its simple but its mildly annoying since my truck is only 2 weeks old.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Tint the windshield with a super faint Ceramic tint, keeps the UV rays and heat out and minimizes the need for sunglasses, and the HUD still works fine!

Anyone else’s HUD trim rattle like crazy? I need to ask the dealer to replace/check clips or just add a foam strip myself. I know its simple but its mildly annoying since my truck is only 2 weeks old.
Others have reported this. I thought mine was until I realized it was my visor when in the downward position moving slightly and causing a plastic on plastic sound. However if you figure out a good solution please post for future reference
Sponsored