Sponsored

Hybrid Break-In with Massive Elevation Gain 1st Trip

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Picking up my long bed Trailhunter in a couple weeks and driving 750mi back home. Mostly climbing from Las Vegas back through the Rockies. Any hybrid owners who've done big drives home with tips on breaking-in the engine? I heard the electric motor keeps RPMs fairly low, so should I drive in manual the first ~300mi of this trip? Also have a hefty gross elevation gain, the drive from Vegas to Cedar City alone is almost 4K. Hit up every rest area and let the engine cool?

Total Gross Elevation Gain:

ā€¢ Adding all the significant elevation gains:
ā€¢ 3,810 feet (Las Vegas to Cedar City)
ā€¢ 130 feet (Cedar City to Beaver)
ā€¢ 1,953 feet (Beaver to Salina)
ā€¢ 2,736 feet (Salina to Green River)
ā€¢ 2,890 feet (Green River to Grand Junction)
ā€¢ 6,082 feet (Grand Junction to Vail Pass)
ā€¢ 496 feet (Vail Pass to Eisenhower Tunnel)
ā€¢ Total Gross Elevation Gain: ~18,097 feet

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Just take it easy on the first couple tanks of gas. Drove mine home 2350 miles. I used manual mode the first tank to vary rpms every 10-15 minutes and didnā€™t use cruise control and varied speed up and down 3-5 mph. . 2nd tank I used cruise control but shifted manually occasionally on long flat stretches. After that just drove itā€¦

Viper_00

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road hybrid
I drove back 7.5 hours in my hybrid. Just donā€™t use cruise control for long periods of time. Mix it all up. Go easy on the new brakes/rotors the first 500 miles. Honestly thatā€™s it. Enjoy and congrats!

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
Took mine over 3 mountain passes each way with 250 miles on the truck for vacation last week, now currently have 900 miles and runs great! The instant and effortless power in the iForceMAX is amazing!!
Sponsored