Sponsored

Illuminated Front Toyota Emblem (PT413-35240) - anyone install on front grill yet?

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I just ordered one, anything i should be looking out for on the install?
Not really. Be careful of the tabs that hold the original emblem in, they are small and could break. I just reached in with my finger to pull them up slightly so it comes loose.

You do not have to disconnect the battery per the instructions.

The plastic rivets that hold the air duct in just push on the middle of them to pop loose. You will have to pop them back out before reinstalling.

I also removed the plastic above the radiator to give me room to route the wires. Just an extra step I took as a precaution.

2024 Tacoma Illuminated Front Toyota Emblem (PT413-35240) - anyone install on front grill yet? 1719329771171
Sponsored

Last edited:

OldTimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 2wd
I like the look and am considering getting one. Question: The emblem connects to the DRLs, but still comes on with regular headlights at night?

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
Is this the part number for the original front emblem? When I type it in I get these logos but not sure which I will receive... I've already orderd the wrong one and ended up with a trailhunter badge 😂

2024 Tacoma Illuminated Front Toyota Emblem (PT413-35240) - anyone install on front grill yet? Screenshot_20240713_184258_Samsung Internet

2024 Tacoma Illuminated Front Toyota Emblem (PT413-35240) - anyone install on front grill yet? Screenshot_20240713_184139_Samsung Internet

GPTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport Premium
Just installed one. I like it. I have a "Limited" trim with the chrome grill so the emblem (unlit) matches the old one perfectly. I like the look at night, hopefully it does not draw too much attention.
Thank you for posting install instructions. Just bought the OEM kit and was waiting for my dealer to provide these. I don't know why they wouldn't put that info in the bx or give you a link to download.

Sponsored

Great White North

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off-Road Premium 2024 Tacoma, 2018 Rav4 Toyota
Talk about coincidence... I just got these instructions from McGee Toyota this morning. The only step that looks a little off is Step 16. They show the tie wrap from Step 15 but it doesn't look like it's positioned the way it was in Step 15. I still may give this a try myself. Looks pretty easy.
I apologize if this is obvious, but I was unable to determine where the DLR connector is under the air intake compartment on the right-hand side of the truck. I have attached the manual I am referencing. Any help, locating the DLR connector would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have to pay for a Toyota dealership to do this.

Attachments

Great White North

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off-Road Premium 2024 Tacoma, 2018 Rav4 Toyota
Just installed one. I like it. I have a "Limited" trim with the chrome grill so the emblem (unlit) matches the old one perfectly. I like the look at night, hopefully it does not draw too much attention.
Hi Mark

I installed the eluminated emblem but I am having issue finding the three pin DLR port connection on the right hand side under the air intake cover. Any wisdom would be appreciated. I don’t want to take it to a dealership to connect the cables.