Inverter on the 2024 Tacoma

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road
Just wanted to hit everybody up on the inverter that came with the 2024 Toyota tacomas. I just don't see any practical use for it other than having something plugged in when you're driving a long distance. The way I understand it is you can't run them unless the engine is going so I'm not sure what the benefit is
Sponsored

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Yeah, on the regular Tacoma's that have this option, it only puts out 400 watts. You couldn't even run a hammer drill, or circular saw.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Just wanted to hit everybody up on the inverter that came with the 2024 Toyota tacomas. I just don't see any practical use for it other than having something plugged in when you're driving a long distance. The way I understand it is you can't run them unless the engine is going so I'm not sure what the benefit is
I use mine on my 3rd Gen from time to time. Whenever I need to use a corded power tool away from an outlet.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Yeah, on the regular Tacoma's that have this option, it only puts out 400 watts. You couldn't even run a hammer drill, or circular saw.
Nope but you can charge your batteries for those.

Sponsored

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
On the hybrid you do need to have the vehicle "on", but the engine will only run if the battery gets drained low enough that it needs to recharge.

WWTravel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-road
For me it works great for charging drone batteries on the drive between shoots!

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
For me it works great for charging drone batteries on the drive between shoots!
DJI makes a 65watt 12volt charger that I’ve used for several yrs. I wired in a cigarette socket w/ 20 amp fused that’s always hot so I can charge while I’m in the field, whether the truck is cranked or not. That is an option, inverter or not.
Sponsored