Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
No promises except I did a very proper break in according to the manual. 4 other Toyotas served us incredibly well up to ages 9 - 22 and served their next owners too.

I might not be like many here. The pickup I bought is mostly a tool, I'm not into all the fancy stuff or mods. I've already offended or shocked the pavement pansy types for how much work it's done and the dirt it has collected.

"William, you're hauling bricks and messing up a brand new truck." Yes, that's the point. No, it's a pickup. My Kenworth was a truck.

:)
Sponsored

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years)

Ya know, I keep telling friends & family this is my last Taco I will ever own coz people always say "this is the last generation Toyota will offer a manual transmission" but then Toyota offers the MT6 for the 4th gen and I just had to have it.

This makes my 4th Taco (2024, 2020, 2016, 2014 no pic, plus a 1993 toyota pickup truck). So I'll say it again; I swear this is the last Taco I will ever own. There's just something about the TRD Sport and the manual transmission that keep me coming back for more. :giggle:

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) image2

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) image3

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) image0

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) image1

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) image0 copy 2

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) image3 copy

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) DSC00325 copy

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) IMG_3220

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
I have a 1st gen 1999 thatā€™s my daily driver. My 4th gen is expected to be delivered this week planning on it to be last vehicle of my lifetime if it holds up like the 1st gen has. Iā€™m 61 years old so really I probably wouldnā€™t be driving much in 20 years.
If your 99 Taco is a manual I may have a buyer for you ? ? ?

OldTimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 2wd
Last pickup was a 2003 Tundra I purchased new and drove for 21 years. Main reasons I traded it for a 2024 Tacoma were the modern technology and safety standards.

Plan to keep the Tacoma for at least 22 years.

Sponsored

tkrum015

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I keep my truck in mint condition, it will never see dirt roads, or be used as a truck. I just enjoy driving a tacoma. Washed, waxed weekly sometimes multiple times a week and the interior is wiped down daily. Super ocd.
Donā€™t wax the paint off it!

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Planning to keep mine at least 10 years maybe longer if it's still running strong. Waiting for the new 4runner to come out so my wife has a car of her own, then I can start modding the Taco.

Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Nothing like working old SUVs like trucks.
1724125519980-my.jpg
Love this. I have loaded so much in/on/behind my Highlander. Packed every square inch regularly with wood, bricks, pavers, race supplies, camp supplies, and more. Made finding a replacement damn near impossible. I had to laugh one day when I had to transfer what I had loaded to a buddy's 5th gen 4 runner... And for all the hype on more cargo space (2nd row down), it was less usable packing space and they couldn't equally fit the same load, let along no "extra space"

Reactions: MJE

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
siiick mustard holder. Don't know if I'll allow food in my new ride, at least at first.
You think that's crazy, my 3rd gen Taco had a Taco holder for my Taco ! And the 4th gen has the same holder. Can't wait to make a pitstop at Taco Casa soon. šŸŒ® šŸŒ® šŸŒ®

2024 Tacoma Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years) image4

Clervis

First Name
Clervis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
I average 8 years for my used jalopies. Never had a car payment or a warranty. All have been on the scrapyard doorstep by the time I offloaded them. This is my first and maybe only new vehicle.

I'm shooting to triple the average, so 24 years minimum, which probably puts it over 350k miles. Let's hope they live up to their history.

Franko Manini

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Frontier
My 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO was built in Feb 2005 and used by Nissan Canada as a corporate fleet vehicle before I bought it in November of 2005. The corporate folks put 7000km on it before I got it. The dealership gave me full warranty by listing the in-service date as the day I bought it. Pretty cool.

Honestly, I nearly bought a Tacoma back then, but the sales guy at the dealership was such a d!ck that I walked away from the deal. The Nissan has been a great truck to me and it looks and drives like it was new.

I plan on keeping the new Tacoma I have on order as long or longer than my Frontier. And I think I'll like it more too!

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road
How many of you guys plan on keeping your 2024 Tacoma for the long haul? Anyone buying the 24s and plan on trading them in when the refresh model comes out in few years? Just curious what everyoneā€™s plans are. I plan on keeping mine for 20 plus years
Like yourself, I plan to do the same. I just
retired in June and bought the TRD Sport Premium. Previously I owed a 2007 Tacoma TRD OR which has been passed down to my son. Hoping heā€™ll let me use it when I go in the bush Fishing/hunting.šŸ˜‚. The tuck has certainly served me well hence my purchase of the 2024. I love the new design but not in love with all the fricken tech. Bells and Whistle going off for every fn thing. Kinda take away from the driving experience. Iā€™m gonna have to figure that out now that I have time on my hands. I racked up about 2,000kmā€™s and getting 14.3L/100km. What are you guys getting???
Sponsored