Sponsored

MSRP OR MARKUP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
I am curious to know how many of you purchased your TRD PRO , TRAILHUNTER and or lower trim models. Did you pay at msrp or tsrp , cash or financing? Was there a mark up or price adjustment "no lube in the rear" added on to your purchase by the dealer? I currently have two allocations for both a Tacoma TH and a 4Runner TH here in Southern California so im just trying to get a feel for what everyone has been paying.
Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Well there is an entire pricing thread where people are posting all those details. On my Sport I had to buy from a dealer 150 miles away. All local dealers were either MSRP or they added $4k on top with all the BS and then still charged MSRP. I got about 8% off true MSRP. Not bad but others got better. That same dealer does the same % off all their Tacoma models so it would be the same on TH or Pro

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Barring opinions about how I feel about Toyota’s current allocation system and how scare some of these builds are…..

Flying to Vegas to pickup a long bed Trailhunter. $2800 markup. Exact color & PIO I wanted and I got to pick between 2 Trailhunters coming from that dealer. Also getting XPEL nano ceramic tint on the windows and PPF done before I drive it off the lot.

originally deposited in Denver over a year ago at a midsize MSRP shop. They got a couple TRD Pros in YTD, no THs

Also tried a broker who’s on the forums here. He wanted $3500 on top to secure a Trailhunter, wouldn’t say where/what state it was.

All things being equal if you get your TH at MSRP this year from a deposit going way back, you lucked out. That simple. The rest of us are either waiting or playing the game. For tax purposes this year, and other build logistics, had to play the game.

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
I can say from calling around that there are many Pros that can be had for MSRP. Just have to do some legwork. Of course, you run into the dealerships with 5k and 10k markups. A dealership I passed on a while ago has a Pro in the lot for 2500 markup. Originally they wanted 5000, but I guess no one bit. They have been reaching out to see if I’m interested. I told them I had found multiple at MSRP and did they want to honor MSRP. Their response: “not yet.” Ha ha.

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
TRD Sport Premium, 4x4, long-bed, rare color … $1,000 off MSRP …cash sale

Was offered $2,500 off on common color but wanted the Blue Crush so paid the extra $1,500 for the color I wanted - every day when I walk out of the house and see her, I’m glad I did.

Sponsored

Muckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Off-Road w/ Premium Package for about $1k below MSRP. Took a lot of searching and waiting, though.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Been seeing a few post here and there where people are getting 5 to 10% off MSRP. So deals are out there if you look and have time. One dealer I contacted was firm on MSRP even though another dealer 10 miles away had $2500 off.

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
7% off msrp. 20% over dealer cost on extended warranty longest available. Had to go Hard ball mouth piece to secure those deals. I also received lifetime engine warranty and lifetime free state inspections. That was a total bonus that my local dealership included.

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
I paid MSRP -$500 rebate for my pro (plus minimal PIO bedliner and door protectors). I had a deposit down for a pro locally in denver at MSRP as well but their list was essentially not moving. I had to fly to idaho to pick mine up.

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
MSRP plus dashcam plus wireless trailer cam plus bed liner and some other small BS. Annoyed at the forced options, but at least they arent totally useless and I was considering the wireless trailer cam anyways. It was the cheapest one within a 10 hour drive.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
It depends on the region, I'd say. You can get discounts, but there are caveats; you may need to use their financing. I can say that in the New England region, it's at least MSRP for hybrids, with discounts on the non-hybrid models. It's all about supply and demand.

OP
OP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
Well there is an entire pricing thread where people are posting all those details. On my Sport I had to buy from a dealer 150 miles away. All local dealers were either MSRP or they added $4k on top with all the BS and then still charged MSRP. I got about 8% off true MSRP. Not bad but others got better. That same dealer does the same % off all their Tacoma models so it would be the same on TH or Pro
Yea seems like most dealerships around me in the area are selling the premium trucks at a mark up, I always say if it's taxable it's negotiable.
Sponsored