Sponsored

T.C.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited
Valid questions. We have been designing and manufacturing Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 22 years, so we have some experience. Our system does not put any undo stress on the hood causing any potential buckling. If you look at the current Tundra, the OEM hood strut geometry is VERY similar to ours. :like:
Tundra.jpg
Thanks for addressing.

Sponsored

RESQCAT

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter (Underground)
SARTACO's truck is still in Portland... no idea why and its crickets from his dealer so far. You guys expect a lot from hood struts, but maybe they will be the fix to release a flood of Trailhunters.

So I have the Cali Raised LED ditch lights, not yet installed. Did anybody mount ditches, and did you need a longer bolt as mentioned above?

Thanks, Dennis (formerly driving the Grand Cherokee known as Rescue Cat...)

TACO still does not have a catchy name...

Charizard

First Name
mart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro - Terra
I like this version a lot, especially not needing to drill anything like the RC version. There is one thing causing me to pause about these, though. The attachment point to the hood is so far back that it must require a decent amount of force to hold up the hood causing an equally decent amount of force to pull it down. With the pivot point so far back combined with the force to pull down, I would wonder about potential buckling in the future. I've seen it before when these types of aftermarket struts came out. That said, things have changed a lot since then with lighter hoods needing less force than they would have in past years. All of that has probably been solved by now, but my mind can't help but go straight to "what if" sometimes. Experience, no matter how outdated, can't just be thrown out without at least some consideration when thinking about a brand new product. I can be very gentle with it but I do not trust the maintenance monkeys to do the same.
I’d check out Chloe Kip’s one handed open and install video. Looks to be very easy to open; no shots of closing but using deduction from how easy they open…

Chance3

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
These were very easy to install and took me, maybe 15 to 20 minutes total start to finish. The elite version works like a charm, I highly recommend them.
Sponsored