Sponsored

POLL: Have *you* experienced transmission problems?

Have you experienced any transmission problems with your 4G?

• I have not experienced any problems.

• I don't think I've experienced any problems, but I'm not sure.

• I've definitely experienced problems, but I haven't done anything about it.

• I've definitely experienced problems, and have gone through a repair/replacement process.

Results are only viewable after voting.

cg49me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road iForce Max
Given the obviously hot topic, I'm hoping to stick some at least more-easily-referenceable, if not necessarily robustly-scrutinized, numbers to it.

Hopefully the options are close enough to exhaustive and mutually exclusive. If you pick one of the top options today, and encounter trouble later, feel free to come back and update your selection.

Link to the TSB thread:

TSB: 2024 Tacoma Transmission Failures Issue & Replacement (9/9/24). Updated w/ VIN Lookup Tool
Sponsored

Last edited:

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
No problems from my transmission and I'm at 11k miles. I had a few rough shifts at the beginning but everything smoothed out once the computer learned my driving style.

It looks like debris is causing the solenoids to fail. If that's the case then it will be a sudden failure without a bunch of symptoms leading up to the failure. Also if it is debris, the failure should happen pretty early on. Seems like all the failures happen within the first couple thousand miles.

I think a lot of people are too concentrated on the TSB that they make themselves believe something is wrong with their truck. It's a body on frame pick up truck. It's going to be a bumpy ride with vibrations and shudders here and there.
Sponsored