Sponsored

PSA to check the technicians work after the grille shutter replacement.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Figured id post a little PSA more rant oriented here for the folks that got their grille shutters replaced, or any work for that matter.

I installed the fang DRL lighting today which required me to take of the entire front of my truck, which is what the technicians would've done to replace my grille and through the entire process I was cursing our the team of technicans down at my local Toyota dealer.

Under the wheel well I found on each side two bolts holding in the carpet missing, underneath I noticed one bolt missing, when I popped off my fender flare to access the one bolt on each side of the truck magically they didn't exist, and I believe there were a couple other things I noticed didn't make their way back into my truck.

To say I was furious and red faced is an understatement, I nearly went into the dealership just to say my peice.

Brand new truck and this is what I got returned to me, bits a peices missing like a failed Lego rebuild. Rushed job thinking I wouldnt notice. Guess this is what warranty work gets you eh, wonder if I'd get the same crap quality work done if I had to pay out of pocket.

Needless to say I'll absolutely be walking my truck with a service advisor or technican on my next service to show them every last bolt and screw they failed to return to my truck.

Doesn't hurt for y'all to check yours either, hopefully your local technicans take better pride in their customers vehicles than mine. I don't even want to bring mine in anymore for as much as an oil change.
Sponsored

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR
I hear you on that. Two weeks ago I had to put my gramma's Accord on the ramps after the dealer replaced her AC and she heard something dragging the ground. Under car plastics were only half connected and not installed properly. When I took them off, the plastic behind the grill just fell out, it wasn't clipped in at all. Ended up using about 25 clips from my spares box to get it all put back together properly.

When there was a recall on the 21 Tundra headlights a while back, I told them not to touch it. I had already replaced the headlights with led and didn't want them pulling any of the front apart. The oil change was taking longer than normal & I asked for an update, they said they were doing the recall..... I stopped them and installed a bunch of security bolts after that.

Skilled labor is dying and nobody gives a damn anymore.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Warranty work doesn't pay and it shows.
Sponsored