Sponsored

Shock blown through the top while driving down paved road 😡

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Exactly the reason I have a Land Cruiser in the queue. Made in Japan.
The Toyota and Lexus that come out of Japan have had issues in the past as well.
Sponsored

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
Sorry to hear you're going through this situation.

Seems like an opportunity for aftermarket to come up with some kind of support bracket to avoid the full catastrophic failure of the top mount... Makes me anxious after going down washboards a little faster I should have been 😳

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Which plant was your Tacoma built at? The Tijuana plant is new and that could be the source of the problem. I also questioned the new design when I first saw it, so it could also be poor engineering. Considering what the 4th gens cost there is no excuse for either poor build quality or engineering.

Are they giving you something to drive while you wait, since they said it could take a while to get parts? At least they are not trying to sleaze out of the warranty coverage.
unless it is a new one in Tijuana, it is not new. It has been making Tacoma since about 2004?

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
unless it is a new one in Tijuana, it is not new. It has been making Tacoma since about 2004?
There's a new plant in Guanajuato that opened a few years back, wanna say 2019. 4GTacos are being built there. 3TY and 3TW models are built there.

The plant in Baja is the old plant, but they're also building 24's there. That's the plant mine originated from. 3TM models are being built there.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
My bad. The Tijuana plant is not new, but it might be new to Tacoma production? And that sounds about right for the Guanajuato plant which I remember being about 5 years old.

Either way this failing top hat is probably a component supplier issue as others have said, and not an assembly problem.

Sponsored

GMak621

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD ØR
I have a feeling this is because the bump stop is integrated. Mine bottoms out going over minor speed bumps. And it’s a terrible feeling. Very harsh and aggressive.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
I have been avoiding potholes and storm drains when I leave the forest to go to the city for supplies. I also look for this after I do hit bumps and every time I think I will see it blown out. If and when a aftermarket solution is available I will be considering it even tho I will not be doing aggressive off road.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I’m hitting every bump possible! Toyota and Bilstein need to address this problem! Hopefully it’s just a few and not a design issue?

Sponsored

GimmeAtaco

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I was told it could take a while to get parts
Toyota is backordered on parts for the 4G tacoma on most everything. I am still waiting for running boards. I may ask for a parts credit and go get Rock Sliders from Wescott.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Toyota is backordered on parts for the 4G tacoma on most everything. I am still waiting for running boards. I may ask for a parts credit and go get Rock Sliders from Wescott.
I just received my TRD running boards that I ordered for the 4th sale a couple days ago. So it seems like accessories are taking 2-3 weeks generally.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
I just received my TRD running boards that I ordered for the 4th sale a couple days ago. So it seems like accessories are taking 2-3 weeks generally.
not accurate at all, it all depends on the parts. and if it's a main part it will take longer