Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
When your trucks went on Hold, were they removed from dealer website?
About 2 weeks ago, my truck disappeared from dealers online site. That’s also the date of last update on the Allocation Spreadsheet.
Sponsored

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
When your trucks went on Hold, were they removed from dealer website?
About 2 weeks ago, my truck disappeared from dealers online site. That’s also the date of last update on the Allocation Spreadsheet.
Mine disappeared from the site/sheet when it was built around the same time as yours. The temp Vin still shows up in the sold tab. This seems to be happening to those that are sold before being built. My dealer said it's in freight status right now, but who really knows? I've been using the sheet to track other trucks built at the same plant with similar last digits to see when the move. Seems like there are a lot sitting in LA right now weighting to get on trucks. I also saw somewhere, that manufacturers are having a difficult time getting transport trucks. Not sure if mine might come by train to Colorado, but again. Who really knows?

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I noticed that in the videos for TRDs without the options packages the trucks don't have an inverter switch or the bed outlet that Toyota's website says is standard. I was thinking website goof up but maybe a production error? Wild speculation.....
Mine is listed on my paperwork but didn't come with one. That I know of.

lb272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 OR MT
I guess that lends weight to the production error hypothesis. If it is an error that is corrected later in the production run I would hope Toyota would offer something to the folks who purchased early (me too - mine is in freight :)) to make up for it. Not a big deal, but still...

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
My Ice Cap TRD OR Premium was supposed to be in a week ago. Got the call today... QC hold in Houston. Dealer said not to expect it before April. So I'm right there with you. ::sigh::

Dealer was pushing a silver TRD OR Premium that they just got on the lot. I'd rather wait for the color I chose. So if anyone wants a silver one... its here in San Antonio.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
My Ice Cap TRD OR Premium was supposed to be in a week ago. Got the call today... QC hold in Houston. Dealer said not to expect it before April. So I'm right there with you. ::sigh::

Dealer was pushing a silver TRD OR Premium that they just got on the lot. I'd rather wait for the color I chose. So if anyone wants a silver one... its here in San Antonio.

Good to know it is just a QC hold and not a stop sale, but suck none the less.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I’m being told mine is on vehicle confirmation hold, moved to this status 2 days ago. Dealer says the last 2 Tacomas they received moved to this stage, just before shipment…we’ll see.

stokes32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Do you know if Toyota has had similar issues with other launches like the Grand Highlander or new Tundra?

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With it being almost all the Tacomas I assume they will fix the issue quickly. My dealer told me they anticipate it being fixed sooner rather than later

Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Does the hold also pertain to trucks that have been delivered to dealers and have yet to be sold?

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the hold also pertain to trucks that have been delivered to dealers and have yet to be sold?
Not that I am aware of. There are several on lot still for sale. Doesn’t seem to be a “ stop sale” on any of them.

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
My dealer seemed to think there was an issue with Port Installed Options. Now, rather that meant that they were short of parts, or had some installation issues, who knows. It at least sounds plausible. My hold was estimated for approximately 45 days.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer seemed to think there was an issue with Port Installed Options. Now, rather that meant that they were short of parts, or had some installation issues, who knows. It at least sounds plausible. My hold was estimated for approximately 45 days.
how many port installed options did you have? Mine said " delayed 28 days" that was Monday but my only port installed option was door edge guards.
Sponsored