TPMS Settings Question

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Now that it’s starting to get cold up in the Great White North, I’ve noticed my TPMS giving me low pressure warnings the last couple of mornings. Tires were set to the door placard at 30psi. The pressure on the dash was showing the tires to be at 28/29psi. Got me wondering why that would trigger a warning. I dug into the settings and found the TPMS settings. It appears you can set the pressure you want the tires to be at and I think mine was set to 35psi? I believe I changed that back to 30psi. It walks you through setting that for the front and rear tires. Am I missing anything else? I have the TRD Pro…are others going with 30psi?

thanks!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I had the same question. I have the stock TRD Off road and the dealership had it at 40psi. Been driving it around like that for a few weeks. Then I brought it down to 30psi per the door sticker and it triggered a warning. I didn't realize you can change the setting either but I it's set to 30 now.

I also don't know if I'm missing something but it seem a dealership error. Surely the door sticker recommendation is correct right?

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
I had the same question. I have the stock TRD Off road and the dealership had it at 40psi. Been driving it around like that for a few weeks. Then I brought it down to 30psi per the door sticker and it triggered a warning. I didn't realize you can change the setting either but I it's set to 30 now.

I also don't know if I'm missing something but it seem a dealership error. Surely the door sticker recommendation is correct right?
I would think so in regard to the door sticker? Maybe others may have an opinion. When I had my 4Runner the dealer always set the tires to 35. Memory says the door sticker was 32. They said it gave a better ride but it seemed the tires often seemed to wear more in the middle.

I’m just hoping I set the pressure properly :). I think I did….after you set the front tires and back tires it took me to a screen to confirm “ok” which I did. So assume it worked.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Do you make that setting change in the instrument cluster or through the screen?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I usually run a couple of psi higher than recommended, just so I don't get low pressure warnings every time it gets a bit colder. So my Pro is at 32 front/rear, although it is getting colder, so they are probably closer to 30 psi now. The rule of thumb is 1 psi drop for every 10 degrees F lower.

I didn't know you could change the trigger point, which is cool. I will have to make sure mine is set to 30 psi also. Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored