Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
I Have the exact same crack on my evaporator box, Started from day one purchase on drive home, end april 2024 . Over 30 days waiting for new evaporator box part. Too hot to drive in Tampa.
Marinevet6113 is correct. If you have the same issue as the Pic I posted then your dash will have to be pulled out. Good luck. Personally I don't want that truck back if they pull out the dash because of all the electronics in it. I have been in a rental all week and am dealing with corporate. They won't let me even take the truck off the lot.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dspencer40

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma offroad
Samething happen to me , I was told the part will be in on Monday. Has anyone got there's repaired yet ?

dspencer40

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it surely does suck. They told me this is the first 24 Tacoma with this replacement so they had to open up a case for it to see if this is going to be a problematic issue down the road for others. Supposedly their master technician is going to be working on it so I hope he’s decent because right now just the complexity of pulling it all apart makes me sick to my stomach
Have you gotten yours fixed yet ?

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
Have you gotten yours fixed yet ?
Mine was very early on in the first 2 weeks of buying my truck. After expressing my concern with the experience of having the dash ripped off of a brand new truck my dealer located me another one just like the one I bought and bought mine back for what I paid for it. They told me mine was the first with the issue. But it’s disappointing to see as many this early on with same issue and who knows how many that are not on this forum. Thankfully the new truck has not had this issue.

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Samething happen to me , I was told the part will be in on Monday. Has anyone got there's repaired yet ?
Mine is still at the dealer. Over 2 weeks now and the part still on back order with no ETA.

Sponsored

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
All Tacomas are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas (TMMTX) in San Antonio, Texas and Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Baja California (TMMBC) in Baja California, Mexico.

GUANAJUATO - Toyota Motor de México has begun production in 2024 of the fourth generation of its iconic Tacoma pickup, a model that has been produced …Feb 16, 2024
Tacomas are no longer built in San Antonio TX. it has been that way for at least couple years. My 3rd gen (2023) was also built in Guanajuato Mexico.

It makes me sick for all of those who had this issue with their new truck. I hope it’s not the sign of a widespread problem. It looks like 3 forum members have reported the same issue.

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Tacomas are no longer built in San Antonio TX. it has been that way for at least couple years. My 3rd gen (2023) was also built in Guanajuato Mexico.

It makes me sick for all of those who had this issue with their new truck. I hope it’s not the sign of a widespread problem. It looks like 3 forum members have reported the same issue.
Yeah I figured that out already. I had to school my dealer that they weren't assembled in the USA anymore. And as of yesterday it looks like it's not just the 3 of us in the greater Tampa Bay area anymore that have this issue. Someone else has the same issue but I don't know where that person is.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
So far I'm seeing a trend with the AC and transmissions (manual and auto).

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
Yeah I figured that out already. I had to school my dealer that they weren't assembled in the USA anymore. And as of yesterday it looks like it's not just the 3 of us in the greater Tampa Bay area anymore that have this issue. Someone else has the same issue but I don't know where that person is.
Yikes; I hope you hear good news soon and get a replacement truck like the OP.

Sponsored

dspencer40

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im in North Carolina and mine have the same issue. My dealer told me my part should be in next Thursday but we will see

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Im in North Carolina and mine have the same issue. My dealer told me my part should be in next Thursday but we will see
My dealer said the same thing. I am dealing with corporate toyota now. My truck was assembled in April of this year. If yours was as well then I'm thinking that it was a issue that the plant never informed anyone about because none of the dealers are aware of this issue.

dspencer40

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer said the same thing. I am dealing with corporate toyota now. My truck was assembled in April of this year. If yours was as well then I'm thinking that it was a issue that the plant never informed anyone about because none of the dealers are aware of this issue.
yeah , they told me I was the 1st one. If I don't get the truck fully fixed by next Friday. I will file a lemon law complaint. In NC if a new is out of service for more then 15 days the dealer has to give a new truck or your money back .

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
yeah , they told me I was the 1st one. If I don't get the truck fully fixed by next Friday. I will file a lemon law complaint. In NC if a new is out of service for more then 15 days the dealer has to give a new truck or your money back .
That's what I am in the process of doing right now with mine. I just made my first truck payment today.

tampacg1967

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma tdr sport
Haha funny I worked on helicopters for 5 years in the Marine Corps. Yes I was convinced mine definitely came from factory that way but never noticed it until 400 miles but that also the first day I wore flip flops. I would hope it’s not a faulty or cheaply made part and just a few install issues. That being said also odd that the 3 I know about are all from the greater Tampa Bay Area. Imagine a widespread issue with the part itself that leads to a recall that involves dash removal. Yikes. And how many people have had the issue who are not even in this forum. Maybe it will be a minimal amount but the fact I have heard of 3 in the last month is bothersome a bit and I love this truck.
Marine Vet,
Got truck back today, two day fix, entire front interior out, still in shock of photos to fix. Everyone has the first one they have ever seen............
Sponsored