Sponsored

Tacomaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Highlander Hybrid
looks really good, one of the best bed cap options out there.

when you get a chance can you take closer pics of the roof rails and the gap between the back of the cab and the cap?
Will do, but possibly only tomorrow!

The visibility with the cap on is almost unchanged vs with it off, really happy with it so far.

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Will do, but possibly only tomorrow!

The visibility with the cap on is almost unchanged vs with it off, really happy with it so far.
thanks, now that you mention it would love to see a pic of how it looks in the rear view mirror aswell

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
You guys really dropped the ball on this one. The fitment to the back of the cab is awful. Looks like an after thought. Clearly you just adjusted the dimensions for the new gen in stead of building a new cap. For that price new you are out of your mind. Was really hoping you would bring a good one to the market. Guess ARE it is.
that's what i thought at first but i think its just hard to see from his photos, from their video it looks like the fitment is a lot more flush

2024 Tacoma SmartCap EVO Bed Cap for 2024 Tacoma (5' and 6' Bed) 1723679319656-ja

Sponsored

Tacomaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Highlander Hybrid
I think the fitment is great. There’s even a “window” for the bed camera to see through, visibility is good, looks great in my opinion, Gullwing doors. Really liking it

OHTacoCamper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road
Its great to see another taco with the smart cap on. My wife and I put ours together today, and here are a couple of pics.

I got some other ones from putting it together. I thought I'd write a longer post with my thoughts on the process.

One other thought: I'm so glad they included the NEW locks on all the windows. I thought I'd have to shell out more money to replace the locks.

2024 Tacoma SmartCap EVO Bed Cap for 2024 Tacoma (5' and 6' Bed) IMG_0921

2024 Tacoma SmartCap EVO Bed Cap for 2024 Tacoma (5' and 6' Bed) IMG_0920

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Looks good paired with a black truck and a bit off with everything else. I’ve never seen one painted to match, but I would like that option. maybe I’m missing the point?

Sponsored

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
Looks good paired with a black truck and a bit off with everything else. I’ve never seen one painted to match, but I would like that option. maybe I’m missing the point?
From their FAQ page.

Do you offer custom colors?
We currently offer our SmartCap EVO Sport and EVOa Adventure in Matte Black, and our EVOc Commercial SmartCaps in OEM White. There has been discussion about possibly rolling out a custom color program sometime in the future, but nothing definitive on that yet. Some of our customers have done vinyl wraps or had their caps painted by an auto body shop.

dvrgz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Long Bed
Its great to see another taco with the smart cap on. My wife and I put ours together today, and here are a couple of pics.

I got some other ones from putting it together. I thought I'd write a longer post with my thoughts on the process.

One other thought: I'm so glad they included the NEW locks on all the windows. I thought I'd have to shell out more money to replace the locks.

IMG_0921.jpeg

IMG_0920.jpeg
looks awesome 😍

Taco4GinTN

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Planning to order a SmartCap Evo Sport tomorrow from Mobile Living in Shelbyville TN, BUT... wondering if anyone has had regrets / second thoughts after getting theirs? I've seen some posts about bad leaks in the windows?
Sponsored