Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The trailer wiring harness would be a good place. Somewhere in the 7 pin side is a dedicated brake light lead
Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
how has your rearview relocate performed thus far?

if you ever had a warranty issue with your digital rearview display, would you need to revert cameras back to the factory location on the cab spoiler & revert wiring and remove the topper or would the dealership diag & service as-is you think?

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Itā€™s been great. Right now I am using the suction cup mount, but I designed and printed a hole through mount. I havenā€™t had time to paint and install it yet. As for warranty, probably not. I think they would warranty the screen in the rearview mirror. But probably not that Camera that I moved. Thereā€™s no way to revert it without taking your cap off. I figure itā€™s worth the risk since it will be worthless without moving it

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I for sure recommend the product.
BKing:

I'm trying to do this relocation. I've two nuts removed from the third brake light and can't find a third, like in the Tundra video.

The light doesn't want to budge. Is there a third, or how did you get yours out?

Thanks.

Last edited:

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
BKing:

I'm trying to do this relocation. I've two nuts removed from the third brake light and can't find a third, like in the Tundra video.

The light doesn't want to budge. Is there a third, or how did you get yours out?

Thanks.
GG OFF-ROAD is working on a video walkthrough on the ā€˜24 Tacoma, I think a trailhunter. I offered to let him film on mine last week when I got back into town and he said he literally just filmed the process on another hybrid Tacoma so that tutorial is set to drop any day now..

Last edited:

Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Worked late into the evening on an initial carbon nano ceramic coat and ran my bed scene lights for a couple hours and got to thinking about these cargo lamps on the rear cab spoiler: my GFC is window-less, decided to go full-alloy plating; another thing to try & keep clean that gets absolutely loaded with haze & dirt.... As a result of my build specs, thinking I'll disconnect the 2 diode emitters when I do my rearview camera relocate.

Anyone know if the 3rd brake light on this cab spoiler can be nixed without error warnings, etc?

2024 Tacoma Digital Rearview and Bed Camera Relocation with my Topper on 2024 Tacoma IMG_6451

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
GG OFF-ROAD is working on a video walkthrough on the ā€˜24 Tacoma, I think a trailhunter. I offered to let him film on mine last week when I got back into town and he said he literally just filmed the process on another hybrid Tacoma so that tutorial is set to drop any day now..

He used mine to film fyi. I am on my way back from picking up my Lone Peak in WA and once Iā€™m back heā€™s going to finish mounting the cameras once we decide where to put them. Heā€™s planning to film that as well then I believe heā€™ll wrap up the video to post. Iā€™ll share on this thread as well once itā€™s done, both pics of the finished product as well as a link to his video.

andrewleader

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road 5' Automatic with Stabilizer Dsconnect
FYI they posted the video for the Tacoma installation:

Iā€™m going to be trying mine in a couple days before my Tune M1 is installed!

DeadSetMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR86, Rivian R1S, Vanagon Syncro Westy
Are the cameras available for purchase from parts department? Looks like could avoid a lot of disassembly if left OEM cameras in place? Purchase replacement cameras to wire up with the kit. OEM cams maintain seal? No need to remove/disassemble/reinstall entire assembly to get to the cameras?
Sponsored