Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Good info but I still think he gets it wrong. There are manual transmission VINs in the TSB.
The manual is excluded. It doesn’t have solenoids. Just gears. The TSB clearly states automatic transmissions. My vin has is outside of the TSB so it’s excluded in the same way as the manual transmissions. It is in black and white.

frosty4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
The manual is excluded. It doesn’t have solenoids. Just gears. The TSB clearly states automatic transmissions. My vin has is outside of the TSB so it’s excluded in the same way as the manual transmissions. It is in black and white.
I wish that were the case but the E in 3TYLE5JN stands for MT and is in the TSB…

Sponsored

Jer8274

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Hi all. So, after determining that my 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 which I bought in June is one of the potentially affected vehicles I at first went through a range of feelings and emotions. None of them good. However, thanks to this thread I have since calmed down and given the statistics their fair evaluation and weight and I'm feeling a lot more optimistic. I got the premium package so suffice it to say I spent a lot of money for this truck, which I love, and then I gave my 2013 Tacoma to my son. So far, it's been, in my opinion, money well spent. It's my first ever brand new vehicle and I went into this purchase fully aware that I was in fact a beta tester like it or not and I knew that things like this were possible. I have less than 3500 miles on it and I've had absolutely no problems with my truck. Statistically that will likely remain the case, but if not and the worse happens I know that Toyota will likely be all to happy to make it right. I did opt for the 10 years, 120k mile warranty-like I stated earlier I'm beta testing the new Tacoma for Toyota and things can happen. It was pricy, but peace of mind is priceless. I did call my saleswoman and she basically told me that unless my truck was displaying symptoms of an immenant failure not to lose sleep over it. So, I'll continue monitor this thread and be sure to post an update if things change. Thanks to everyone who posted information above that really helped to enlighten me on all of this.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 double cab
In a previous thread around 1900 miles stated truck was stuck in 6th gear, would barely move. Then returned to being able to drive but shifting rough. Dealer found a solenoid code, could not duplicate after being there for a week. Per Toyota, cleared code and shipped it. Since then has been shifting very roughly and progressively gotten worse. No MIL present. Will call dealer on Monday, but not over confident on a resolution. 3300 miles now 3/24 build. Vin included in tsb. I love the truck, but Toyota has not been very responsive in my eyes as of yet. I guessing will just need to wait till we get stranded on the side of the road. Hopefully everyone gets fixed up if needed.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
In a previous thread around 1900 miles stated truck was stuck in 6th gear, would barely move. Then returned to being able to drive but shifting rough. Dealer found a solenoid code, could not duplicate after being there for a week. Per Toyota, cleared code and shipped it. Since then has been shifting very roughly and progressively gotten worse. No MIL present. Will call dealer on Monday, but not over confident on a resolution. 3300 miles now 3/24 build. Vin included in tsb. I love the truck, but Toyota has not been very responsive in my eyes as of yet. I guessing will just need to wait till we get stranded on the side of the road. Hopefully everyone gets fixed up if needed.
Do you know if the code found matched the ones in the TSB? If so, and you have record of it, seems pretty clear that you could get it replaced.

Sponsored

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Looks like my TRD Sport that I got in April falls in this range. I've already taken it to the dealer once about hard shifting and they said it's "normal behavior". At what point do I take it back? Do I have to wait until it fails completely and they have to come tow me?
If it doesn't have the associated codes, there's not much for them to do. If they didn't do a diagnosis to see if you have any codes, they're not doing their job. Then you reach out to Toyota and you tell them you keep having transmission problems and the dealer isn't helping you.

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I can’t get over how fast this tsb spread. Had no idea it would spread like this after posting it
Yeah I subscribe to the TSB emails and I saw this come across the other day. But it was vague in the email and I didn't feel like paying the $25 just to read it. I'm glad someone did because it is actually really interesting.
Sponsored