Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Seeing that the hybrid is included, but I don't see anything that specifically says that the 6-speed manual trans is included? My vin is in the lower so the TSB tool on another post stated that I fall under it. Finding clarification is a tough one.
The TSB only covers 8-speed automatics in those VIN ranges, so you are fine.
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Guys - if you’re having issues now count it as a blessing since the transmission will for sure fail within the 60k mile powertrain warranty. I’m waiting for mine to crap out.
True, and if it dies I do trust Toyota to take care of me.

I just wish I had something else to travel in, because I don't want stranded somewhere with a dead truck. A new Toyota that you can't count on is still hard for me to get my head around.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Strange conversation to be having on a brand new Toyota truck, wishing and waiting for our transmissions to fail and now have to wonder how far to take your brand new truck away from home….
Yep - I am supposed to drive up to DC next week and my wife's suv would need at least two charges to get there and back. But charging stations are easier to find than new transmissions.

Definitely a strange place we find ourselves in.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Yep - I am supposed to drive up to DC next week and my wife's suv would need at least two charges to get there and back. But charging stations are easier to find than new transmissions.

Definitely a strange place we find ourselves in.
Yup and Toyota outta be ashamed of themselves

Sponsored

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
And worried about what this will do to their reputation for reliability too.
Well that’s already been called into question recently and doesn’t seem to be bothering them much. I guess just let thousands of new 4th gen buyers wait to break or live with a garbage shifting transmission until warranty is up then pass it on to the consumer. Are we talking about Toyota here or gm and ford? Starting to not know the difference until this is rectified for us

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
True, and if it dies I do trust Toyota to take care of me.

I just wish I had something else to travel in, because I don't want stranded somewhere with a dead truck. A new Toyota that you can't count on is still hard for me to get my head around.
I know man. Same boat.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I know man. Same boat.
It’s bullshit after spending this kinda money we have to worry about breaking down over an admitted problem that has many similar Side effects amongst us owners. I could see if it was something like a sensor going bad but the truck kept running with a check engine light, but this is basically break down and your totally screwed type of issue

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
You guys ever consider selling your truck if you're worried about it? The fear mongering and bitching is getting old.

Dump it or live with it.

Plumbers 1st Taco

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 double cab
I feel your pain brothers as I have been through it. Horrible place to be in. Yes Toyota did take care of it. Confidence inspiring, no! Still reluctant to really take a road trip, even with the new one. Unfortunately another failure will always be on my mind. Love the truck but will probably trade it in a few years before the warranty expires. Dont want to pay for another one out of my own pocket. Too many will be in that same boat I believe. Sorry if I got a bit off topic.

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
You guys ever consider selling your truck if you're worried about it? The fear mongering and bitching is getting old.

Dump it or live with it.
I’m keeping my truck. But also going to continue to track this issue so I can get a sense for whether I’ll be impacted and how toyota is addressing it over time. I don’t think I’m fear-mongering. I’m not even that upset.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Love the truck but will probably trade it in a few years before the warranty expires. Dont want to pay for another one out of my own pocket. Too many will be in that same boat I believe. Sorry if I got a bit off topic.
Yeah - that is where I am too. Wanted to keep this truck long term, but I doubt that is going to happen.