Sponsored

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
My experience with the previous generation Tundras was that they all had the same wiring harness, and adding accessories was as easy as plugging in the needed parts. I added a few features to my SR5 just by buying sensors and switches. I'm hoping the Limited has the accessory plugs the TRDs have, so I would just need the switches and harnesses to plug in.
They almost certainly do. If you were referring to the three AUX harnesses. Just take a look and see. There's three fuses, three relays and then three wiring harness that the locations of which are listed in the manual.
Sponsored

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
If this works on sports why not on limited?
They are basically pretty much same on the transmission and 4X4 setting

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I think the reason this may not work on the Limited is the drive settings are very different. MTS provides mud, snow, etc, on the Offroad models. The Limited is exclusive in that it has Sport+ and Custom settings. I'd worry that trying to add MTS might interfere with the additional settings available on the Limited.

Sponsored

john170950

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SR5
Watching this thread to see if anyone find out if this will work on SR5 models.

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I tried this on my Sport and it did not work. The MTS button does not light up or change anything on the dash. :sadface:

OP
OP
Btimothy4

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I assume you had it in 4HI? It does work unless you are in 4HI. Just switching the control to 4HI doesn't really engage it - you need to drive a few feet and then you will see the 4HI stop blinking and stay on. Then hit the MTS button - video below

Last edited:

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Ordered mine from eBay, just waiting for it to come in. For the money it's worth giving it a try. Thanks for taking the chance and trying this out for all of us.

Sponsored

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you had it in 4HI? It does work unless you are in 4HI. Just switching the control to 4HI doesn't really engage it - you need to drive a few feet and then you will see the 4HI stop blinking and stay on. Then hit the MTS button - video below
Yes I had it in 4Hi. I'll play around with it a little more cuz I really want this to work! :)

OP
OP
Btimothy4

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I assume the Drive modes still worked with the new switch? Sport and Eco?

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume the Drive modes still worked with the new switch? Sport and Eco?
Yup, everything worked except for the MTS and Craw buttons. I drove it around a bit and did several power cycles. Nothing

OP
OP
Btimothy4

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Yup, everything worked except for the MTS and Craw buttons. I drove it around a bit and did several power cycles. Nothing
Mine worked right away - even the crawl button would light up, but found out the actual crawl doesn't work, only the MTS. Was your battery connected? I always disconnect the neg terminal when I do this type of work. Maybe try that as a "reset".

JR760

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Mine worked right away - even the crawl button would light up, but found out the actual crawl doesn't work, only the MTS. Was your battery connected? I always disconnect the neg terminal when I do this type of work. Maybe try that as a "reset".
From my understanding if you want crawl control you need to buy the upgraded module for it from Toyota. There apparently is a separate ECU for it.
Sponsored