Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Nope! It's required by law for emissions.
That thing is suss.. making claims your mpg improves. yeah okay 👌🏽. Can we all make claims we only sit at traffic lights for 10 seconds or less too? lol

I'm getting a hybrid and that system is all done seamlessly in the background, e.g. kills the engine coasting 70mph down a mountain pass or cruising through the neighborhood under 20mph, electric motor takes over, all done without noticing a thing. So why even screw with that system...The standard iForce if it's a PITA jarring, I get it, but no way in hell your range & MPGs improves

Let's see those MPGs before & and afters - 1000mi with the eliminator / 1000mi without
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I don't know i this is so much a requirement as a way to lower overall emissions and raise fuel economy for the entire line. If it was a requirement, I feel like my TRD OR would have it, and it doesn't.

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Nope, if I had ASS, I would immediately buy this
I guess to each their own, but you can either just :

1. Not press the brakes that hard.
2. Press the button to disable it every time you get in the car.

Personally, I actually think Toyota's ASS is implemented well. I've driven other cars where it's much more touchy (aka Porsche). And since the steering is electric now, you can still turn the wheel with the motor cut. It's nice that you can just press the brakes a bit harder to enable it when you know you'll be stuck for a while. I find that the muscle memory to use it was a quick learning curve and I know if I'm going to be stopped for a while, I just press a bit harder.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
I don't know i this is so much a requirement as a way to lower overall emissions and raise fuel economy for the entire line. If it was a requirement, I feel like my TRD OR would have it, and it doesn't.
Makes no sense to me either....If it is required for CAFE rules then why just on the Limited trim?
Sponsored