• Total voters

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Going back in time. A youthful sensation. Transport like feeling to a bygone era. The simple SR MT 4x4 did that for me. Maybe in the future a MT hybrid will make me feel like a kid again. I love my 2024 Tacoma! Thank you everyone for sharing tips and tricks of ownership.
Sponsored

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
I was impatient and didn't want to wait. I was also spending enough money without going hybrid.

I do envy that 2400W inverter, though.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Hybrid for future proofing. Since I keep my vehicles for 10 years, I didn't want any regrets down the line. I'm getting a Limited because I want my old ass to be pamper going down the road.
I lost track of your truck hunt and it sounds like you finally snagged a hybrid Limited. I think that was a smart move because you would probably have regretted not getting the truck that you really wanted. Congrats!

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Gas. Cost - benefit makes zero sense. Owned a Prius hybrid in the day and didn’t really see the benefit and there was just more to go wrong and added weight went through tires quicker. Also didn’t want to lose what limited storage inside there already is.

Sponsored

TX-BluStreak

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Hybrid hands down; PRO doesn't come any other way. The deciding factor for me was the power boost that I got from the get go and how smooth the ride was. (I was able to test drive a hybrid Limited.)

Money for me isn't really an issue; two years ago, I was willing to drop $100K on a 392 Rubicon. I had never considered getting a Jeep myself until I was rear ended and got one as a rental. Being able to go off-roading was a totally new experience for me. Since I built my 2nd gen Taco to be more sporty than off-roadie. But I don't want to completely sacrifice speed just to go off-roading. The PRO actually gives me the best of both worlds (speed and off-road capabilities).

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I lost track of your truck hunt and it sounds like you finally snagged a hybrid Limited. I think that was a smart move because you would probably have regretted not getting the truck that you really wanted. Congrats!
Thank you.

In a shocking move, my wife, who detests any vehicle spending, asked, "Is this what you want?" regarding a non-hybrid version. I responded, "No, but I can't find any dealers who have an allotment for a Limited Hybrid." She convinced me to just wait it out. In the meantime, I finally got to test drive a Sport Hybrid. That sealed the deal for me. So, I just started calling dealers to see if they had any Limited allotments. I found two. The first one wanted to add $2K to the cost. Fine, I started the process with no plans to pay an ADM, figuring I had time and things would change in the coming months.

In the meantime, I called another dealer. The salesperson got back to me right away. I explained my situation and told them I wanted red. They asked Toyota, and Toyota said yes. So far, the first dealer hasn't called me back to start the process. They finally called the next day. I cut him off and told him I wasn't going through with it because I had found a dealer that wouldn't charge me an ADM. He stammered a bit, mumbling about price matching, and I said to call me back if he changed his mind. They didn't.

So, yes, Supersonic Red just like the official pictures. The build date is August 20-23, so I'm expecting a late September pickup. I'll have to hustle a bit as I want to get winter prep done this year. Based on lessons learned on my Tundra, I have a bit of work I want to do to combat corrosion issues. In what will be an unpopular move, I intent to keep the front air dam as it will help protect the underside from Maine winters. I also purchased the TRD skid plate and transfer case plate for strictly underside protection.

The kicker is that the dealer is where my mother-in-law lives. It's right down the road.

Last edited:

Cabby30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DCLB TRD OR
Non-hybrid:

1. Wasn't available when I purchased mine
2. Reviews on hybrid didn't encourage me to wait for the increased power/mpg's at the increased cost
3. Long bed was a req't & TRD OR package was a req't so I couldn't have gotten one anyway (w/o going halo (+$11k))

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
Thank you.

In a shocking move, my wife, who detests any vehicle spending, asked, "Is this what you want?" regarding a non-hybrid version. I responded, "No, but I can't find any dealers who have an allotment for a Limited Hybrid." She convinced me to just wait it out. In the meantime, I finally got to test drive a Sport Hybrid. That sealed the deal for me. So, I just started calling dealers to see if they had any Limited allotments. I found two. The first one wanted to add $2K to the cost. Fine, I started the process with no plans to pay an ADM, figuring I had time and things would change in the coming months.

In the meantime, I called another dealer. The salesperson got back to me right away. I explained my situation and told them I wanted red. They asked Toyota, and Toyota said yes. So far, the first dealer hasn't called me back to start the process. They finally called the next day. I cut him off and told him I wasn't going through with it because I had found a dealer that wouldn't charge me an ADM. He stammered a bit, mumbling about price matching, and I said to call me back if he changed his mind. They didn't.

So, yes, Supersonic Red just like the official pictures. The build date is August 20-23, so I'm expecting a late September pickup. I'll have to hustle a bit as I want to get winter prep done this year. Based on lessons learned on my Tundra, I have a bit of work I want to do to combat corrosion issues. In what will be an unpopular move, I intent to keep the front air dam as it will help protect the underside from Maine winters. I also purchased the TRD skid plate and transfer case plate for strictly underside protection.

The kicker is that the dealer is where my mother-in-law lives. It's right down the road.
I was tempted to say something when you temporarily gave up on the hybrid.
Glad you waited - youll love it!

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
6 foot bed was a MUST ~ would have bought Hybrid, but I am loving this Tacoma !

Sponsored

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
When the hybrid was first announced, I was excited about buying a truck that would get significantly better fuel economy. But then Toyota released the fuel economy ratings and the hybrid just isn't that much better. I would appreciate the extra power, but it still wasn't worth an extra $5k in price for more power and essentially the same fuel economy.

My incoming Tacoma is gas only.

Paul F

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rav4
The torque benefits but honestly I could have gone without, but i wanted a useful power inverter.

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Having owned electric cars in the past and currently, I went full gas. I did not see the point of the hybrid if it was not rechargeable at home for short trips.

I am also becoming less fond of the idea of having a heavy battery pack on the vehicle that I will have to replace down the road.

If battery and charging technology get better in the next 10 years I may then go that route for a truck.

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
I picked the gas only model as I, ideally, have this truck for 15+ years and pass it down to one of my young kids. That is the plan at least….

So I picked the gas just due to battery aging and replacement long term. Otherwise I would go with hybrid

whelp… instead of waiting a couple months the dealer has a red limited hybrid in stock with roof rack and bed cover so turns out I’m going that route….

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
whelp… instead of waiting a couple months the dealer has a red limited hybrid in stock with roof rack and bed cover so turns out I’m going that route….
Good choice IMO. I have read several articles about how long Toyota hybrid batteries last, most of them well past the warranty, so I think you will be fine. The red is a favorite color of mine and that should be a really good looking truck!
Sponsored