• Total voters

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Went with the gasser. Budget, storage and Timing. My buyer for my Tundra had to make a move early so that threw off the timing. Got the OR upgrade package for basically the cost of the hybrid system, both would have blown the budget, and got the gasser $3300 below MSRP, it would have been OK not to have the under seat storage but I’m glad to have it. The xtra power would have been nice but I think it’s more than adequate.
Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I also use mine for business and wanted the increased storage space in the cab. My rear seat delete gives me that. Currently the 110V system only works with the truck running. I am putting in my own battery bank in the rear that will keep my coolers and other acessories running 24/7 and charging while driving.

The simplicity of the engine to work on is also a plus. On the flip side I do love having more power and am afraid to drive an Iforce and get instant regret over that.
The cab is my big ouch. Our Sienna SE was traded for the TRD OR and our Outback is going to child in grad school and needing it for clinical work. That means one of my skiing and biking pals is crunched in back opposed to total luxury of the Sienna SE back captain style seating.

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Good choice IMO. I have read several articles about how long Toyota hybrid batteries last, most of them well past the warranty, so I think you will be fine. The red is a favorite color of mine and that should be a really good looking truck!
And here it is ha.
2024 Tacoma Choice Between Hybrid and Non-Hybrid Gasoline: What Influenced Your Decision? IMG_6106

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Hey! That's my truck!
great minds! think alike!

I swear in sport + mode these trucks are quicker than they have any right to be!

of course they are no sports car, I had a tuned GT-R, 427 66 vette, zx-14 bike and it of course isn’t like those or close, but for just a “normal” midsize truck? I am impressed.

Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
I'm curious on how much I might use the roof rack (if I get one... it'd be more about extra hauling or protecting the roof on long items like pipe/lumber/ladder if not reasonable enough to fit flat in bed, not overlanding or RTT)

Anyone have an idea if it helps/hurts MPG?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
I’m on the edge of getting a hybrid. Just waiting for it to land at this point. There are only really a couple reasons im going this route:

1. the 2400w pure sine inverter

2. I need a 6’ bed for work (so there’s only one trim that fits the bill for me… as my bank account weeps quietly in the distance lol)

3. I’m hoping we see a solid state battery upgrade in the next five years from the nickel battery or at least a lithium upgrade. A larger battery with that 48hp motor could actually see some pretty damn good mpg gains so who knows. Even if this never becomes a thing the first two bullet points do it for me. :)
is the 2400w inverter pure sine? i hope so, but i looked hard to find evidence that it is. i started another thread asking if anyone with a 2400w inverter has tested.

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road & 2014 Land Cruiser
I went non-Hybrid. Test drove one and it was more then enough powerful for ME. You may feel differently. Other factors are I like the under seat storage. Right now it has a full set of tools, Offroad straps, D Rings, First aid kit, Fire Extinguisher and a few more small items. Not a great improvement in MPG with Hybrid, it was made for power.

Everyone is different, for me the benefits of a non Hybrid outweighed the benefits of the Hybrid. Plus one less system makes it a bit simpler and made one less thing to go wrong. :)

PullinDoubles

First Name
Bobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma TRD Sport
Hello Tacoma enthusiasts!
It looks like many of you have recently picked up the Hybrid model. We're wondering how you made your choice between the Hybrid and Gasoline versions. What factors were most important to you?

Gasoline-powered Tacomas offer ample power and they generally have a lower upfront cost compared to Hybrids.
However Hybrids are known for their fuel efficiency, which can save money on gas.

Both gasoline-powered and hybrid Toyota Tacomas have their strengths.
How did you decide on your Tacoma? Feel free to share your opinions and join the vote!
465 lbs of torque & 24 mpg. Have got pretty close to 24 without trying.
Sponsored