Sponsored

Discussion: What Features Do You Think Are Missing From The Tacoma?

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
But with the ISO seats, it's already taken up most of the rear space from back seat passengers.

Right, but only the Pro has those seats. There's a tad bit more room in the rear than in the last gens with the SRs, Sports, SR5s, and ORs. If you want rear seat space, midsize trucks will not work. You can't have it all.
Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I’d like to see parity of features and colours between Canadian and American market Tacoma’s. If the OR premium gets a digital review mirror and power tailgate in the US then Canada should get the same. Canadians aren’t paying less for the truck when factoring in the exchange rate.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Larger hybrid cell. Update the battery from NiMH to SST Lithium. Tech is already in the dash speaker. JBL system sounds good IMO. Delete the rear 60 and sounds even better!

Passthrough midgate or full rear window slide down seeing how that the new frame can support a skyscraper

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
I'd like to have the windshield wiper defroster the Canadians are getting, though I don't miss the sunroof.

Sponsored

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
I’d like to see parity of features and colours between Canadian and American market Tacoma’s. If the OR premium gets a digital review mirror and power tailgate in the US then Canada should get the same. Canadians aren’t paying less for the truck when factoring in the exchange rate.
I agree with stuff like this, they always make some dumb compromises, not even just Toyota.
When I bought my 2024 Nissan Z Performance, the Canadian models have a smaller infotainment screen compared to the US variants, but we did gain a block heater and rear fog lamp!! hahah

It makes you wonder why they make some of these reasonings. Like is there some law or regulation with Transport Canada up here against digital rear view mirrors, or a power assisted tailgate? It would probably cost them no more if more trucks coming off the line were the same?

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I agree with stuff like this, they always make some dumb compromises, not even just Toyota.
When I bought my 2024 Nissan Z Performance, the Canadian models have a smaller infotainment screen compared to the US variants, but we did gain a block heater and rear fog lamp!! hahah

It makes you wonder why they make some of these reasonings. Like is there some law or regulation with Transport Canada up here against digital rear view mirrors, or a power assisted tailgate? It would probably cost them no more if more trucks coming off the line were the same?
I’ve read that the reasoning is that the Canadian market isn’t large enough to offer all features. Which also makes no sense. Doesn’t the more you make of the exact same thing drive costs down? Combining North America market. I was/am super angry to not get those two features on my OR Premium But the US does get them, and the package price is more in Canada than it is in the US when factoring the exchange. Just talking about it makes me 🤬

Squashed Target

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR Prem Solar Octane
Update the battery from NiMH to SST Lithium. Tech is already in the dash speaker.
From what I've heard/read, Toyota has been researching and developing their solid state battery technology and the dash speaker is a real world test. If you think about it, a removeable speaker a great idea for the test. The battery is in the sun 24/7 and it's removable so they can get feedback on things like damage from abuse. They can quietly make upgrades to it each year until the tech is ready for larger deployments.

I'd be surprised if the hybrid battery didn't change to solid state by the end of the generation.