Sponsored

Need help deciding between Sport or Offroad

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
With your luck acquiring trucks OP, I think I'd wait till the 2025 model year if you're considering the Tacoma, to make sure any bugs are worked out.
Sponsored

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
I went with the OR because I wanted MTS. Was it worth the extra price? Probably not because I only go off roading about once a month; but I'd rather have peace of mind knowing I have more tools at my disposal than having to need to call a tow truck.

I'm also waiting for more options for stealth bumpers for a winch and I have a nice selection of recovery gear at my disposal. So to answer your question, they both are very similar--get what you feel comfortable spending, these trucks aren't cheap.

john877

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
There are many things that I don't like about my TRD Sport, the lack of a limit slip differential and lack of auto 4wd. I had both of these on previous non-Toyota pickups and now I really miss them. Try pulling a boat on a slippery launch ramp with a TRD Sport and you will be sadly disappointed. I wish I had done more research, of course Toyota's website imply they have AWD and TRAC systems they are not the same. My advice do your research.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Could you explain the 'pulling the boat' part? Is it because of the tires? If you have it in 4W-Low, shouldn't it be able to pull the boat out?

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I bought the sport. Basically for the tighter suspension. I figured 99.9% of my driving would be on pavement. I liked how the one I test drove handled but didn’t really have a comparitive OR to drive.

For the “off roading” I do. Dirt roads and skiing. It’s an upgrade over my old F150 so good enough. But handles great around town.

I’m happy with my decision. Didn’t like the hood scoop at first due to sight lines. But I’m used to it now.

john877

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Could you explain the 'pulling the boat' part? Is it because of the tires? If you have it in 4W-Low, shouldn't it be able to pull the boat out?
Could be a number of factors, but the lack of a limited slip differential is the primary cause. I''ve owned a number of trucks over the years with LSD and never had a issue pulling my boat from any ramp while in 2wd. I was able to pull it 4hi with quite a bit of wheel spinning (note only one rear wheel and one front wheel were spinning. The TRAC system could also be a factor, it will apply brakes to spinning wheels. I think there is a way to turn that off which may help the next time.
Sponsored