Sponsored

Fireguy67

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyta Tacoma Sport Premium 6’ bed
This TSB says US and Mexico, so I don’t know if the VIN range applies to Canada? Anybody know?
Is there a separate one for Canadian VINs?
I wouldn’t think so. Mine falls within the range. And the trucks are built in either of the two plants that are affected -somehow I don’t think Canadians could be so lucky! I’m just about to call the dealer to find out anyways.
Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
My truck is a Canadian vehicle and it falls into the ranges and prefix's so it'd apply to Canada... wonder in Canada if a cold snap is what's going to get the ball rolling on these transmissions.
If yours has casting debris floating around the deep freeze will expose it!

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
here is the Tacoma 2024 VIN Decoder that I copied from another site

2024 Toyota Tacoma VIN Decoder

B = 278 hp AT (SR5/TRD Sport/TRD Off Road/Limited)
C/F = Hybrid (TRD Sport HV/TRD Off Road HV/TRD Pro/Trail Hunter/Limited)
D = 228 hp AT (SR 8AT)
E = 270 hp MT (SR 6MT/TRD Sport 6MT)

----------

The TSB has "B", "D", and "E" in the fifth slot. No "C" or "F" -- so no hybrids are included in the TSB
But why does the TSB have an E in the 5th slot, according to this E is the manual transmission?

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Truly not understanding why hybrids aren’t included , I have heard plenty of failures with them

Sponsored

joeknowz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4th Gen TRD Sport
I'm in it right? so do i need to take it to the dealership now or just wait, knowing it can happen to me.

3TMKB5FN9RM003458

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
The TSB itself has some interesting info. The codes related to solenoid failures in the AT and it references a “production change”. This is consistent with prior reports of ”casting debris” from the Aisin supplier. This is the likely source of the stuck solenoids. We can only speculate what the production change is, either a revision to a cleaning operation or some QA inspection.

If you’re outside the TSB range, you should take some assurance that this issue won’t arise. If you’re in the TSB range, it’s probably random if your transmission is problematic. Given the nature of this problem, it likely doesn’t impact all the units in the VIN range. Also, given the nature of this problem, if you get some significant mileage on your transmission, the likelihood of this cropping up decreases pretty markedly.

One final note: given this is recognized by Toyota, should the problem arise, it will be corrected, almost surely even for impacted Tacomas that are out-of-warranty.

Last edited:

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
My truck is a Canadian vehicle and it falls into the ranges and prefix's so it'd apply to Canada... wonder in Canada if a cold snap is what's going to get the ball rolling on these transmissions.
VIN’s with some manufacturers do not necessarily mean they were built in sequence. For example, Canadian trucks could get assigned a bunch of VINs that are earlier numbered VINs but the production run happens after a run of US/Mexico bound trucks.

I do not know if that’s how it works but be good to see a Canadian TSB.

Sponsored

Tacotee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport
Follow your first portion of your VIN in the range (up until the #) ....... then in the last 6 digits, if your VIN range is before the numerical number of the last 6 digits then you fall into it.
3TYLB5JN8RT00
Follow your first portion of your VIN in the range (up until the #) ....... then in the last 6 digits, if your VIN range is before the numerical number of the last 6 digits then you fall into it.
How can I figure it out if mines affected? I can’t figure it out
Hey does mines fall in there? 3TYLB5JN8RT001300

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Would it being difficult to shift out of park into reverse fall into "issues"? I'm not having problems with shifting but dropping it out of park when its sat overnight feels like its a little harder than it should be.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I wouldn’t think so. Mine falls within the range. And the trucks are built in either of the two plants that are affected -somehow I don’t think Canadians could be so lucky! I’m just about to call the dealer to find out anyways.
Let us know what you find out. See my other post on the VINs.

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
Would it being difficult to shift out of park into reverse fall into "issues"? I'm not having problems with shifting but dropping it out of park when its sat overnight feels like its a little harder than it should be.
press harder on your brake pedal when shifting.

Toy@home

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma.. SR5..rwd
I'm in it right? so do i need to take it to the dealership now or just wait, knowing it can happen to me.

3TMKB5FN9RM003458
Mine also is in the mix...3TMKB5FN2RM006394. 510mi. Shoulda bought a Ford...
Sponsored