TrashPanda

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
@fightforfood247 I’m ultimately going to have to eat it. It is either lose $7-8k or just drive it and eventually break even 3 years from now. Going to take plenty of pics and then try to get under there with a rust remover and see what I can do. There is plenty of grease under there. Not sure what happened.
Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
@fightforfood247 I’m ultimately going to have to eat it. It is either lose $7-8k or just drive it and eventually break even 3 years from now. Going to take plenty of pics and then try to get under there with a rust remover and see what I can do. There is plenty of grease under there. Not sure what happened.

I am perplexed as to why you’ve got the rust and I don’t - but maybe I will - google “rust under seat” and watch a wave of complaints for every kind of vehicle. It’s not toyota being cheap is my point. It just happens. I’ll do some more digging as I’m just curious. Part of the issue is if our trucks cost 30K we wouldn’t care lol.

BMW:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?s=35ae1b9f58df892d8d5e42ec47d242b0&t=726583

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
Alright I’m going to take a good look at these pics and then go out to my truck and see what mine looks like.

OP
OP
TrashPanda

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am perplexed as to why you’ve got the rust and I don’t - but maybe I will - google “rust under seat” and watch a wave of complaints for every kind of vehicle. It’s not toyota being cheap is my point. It just happens. I’ll do some more digging as I’m just curious. Part of the issue is if our trucks cost 30K we wouldn’t care lol.

BMW:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?s=35ae1b9f58df892d8d5e42ec47d242b0&t=726583
If my truck was $30k my wife would be much happier!😂
Also beer has begun.

OP
OP
TrashPanda

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my wife and I have agreed if I can trade it for $48k, I’m paying the difference and buying a shittier vehicle👌🏻

Sponsored

Dirt

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
This did not work for me. My dealer and sales team completely blew me off. I had to get nasty and do the law route. I have had nothing positive to say about the dealership, sales team, or Yota corporate…..nothing. But yes it’s def good to start friendly. Some people still can’t grasp if you’re nice people tend to treat you better. Def not the case 100% of the time but I agree always start there
I'm sorry you had that experience. My "sales team" was weak, but the service mgr and that part of the dealership went, and has continued to go above and beyond. No BS, no smoke and mirrors, no excuses. If it ain't right they look for a solution. It has made my purchase good.

Darrin Carter

First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
I think that is pretty common in all vehicle makes
I think most vehicles brands do not paint the under seat frame

Darrin Carter

First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
everyone talks about how good and reliable the old stuff was I remember many the days laying in the garage under them fixing exhaust getting them painted hoping it would start etc etc
I don't think we can judge the reliability of this truck for another 10 to 15 years
As for the cost I know they seem high but have you gone to a lumber store lately a 2x4 is still a 2x4 but the price has more than doubled.
I know everything is really relative

Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I do get some of the anger. Mine has some of the small issues others have as well. Bed topper slightly lifted at end, non aligned tailgate, slight cowl bump. While annoying I never would have noticed them without looking. So far overall I love the truck.
My sentiments likely helped by our 2020 vehicle purchase, fleet and rentals use, much shopping, and the experiences of some other associates. Associates who got competitors have imperfect vehicles too. A close associate's GM has the bed as offset as my Tacoma and I've seen many others that way. Also trim and paint less than perfect.

Maybe age and my use help or bring perspective. I'm one who also bought vehicles in malaise era. I bought a pickup mostly as a tool and it is really clear the market is split between people like me and others where there's some sort of identity and ego thing going on.

It's just stuff and I'm to stay where I'm not letting little things bother me as it could.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR
everyone talks about how good and reliable the old stuff was I remember many the days laying in the garage under them fixing exhaust getting them painted hoping it would start etc etc
I don't think we can judge the reliability of this truck for another 10 to 15 years
As for the cost I know they seem high but have you gone to a lumber store lately a 2x4 is still a 2x4 but the price has more than doubled.
I know everything is really relative
I'm one of those people. Abused 2011 Accord in the driveway with 140k trouble free miles. Abused 2006 Silverado at work with 130k trouble free miles. Best friend has a SUPER abused 2009 Corolla with 280k trouble free miles, it lived in a yard for 4 years at one point without being touched. As a teen/young man I went through a Mercury Tracer, Dodge Intrepid and Saturn all with way over 100k & the only issue I remember was the Mercury kept blowing a cheap fuse for the AC.

I guess everyone's experience is different but I definitely miss "the good old days."
Sponsored