Seat Clunk TRD PRO

Desertrunner

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tacoma OR. 24 TRD pro
Update. I was told to try different pressures lol. I have it set at the psi the books states for my weight. I was told they will address it with the Toyota rep.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Update. I was told to try different pressures lol. I have it set at the psi the books states for my weight. I was told they will address it with the Toyota rep.

Omg. Nothing to do with air pressure imo. It's like a sheet metal bending sound. My dealer said- "maybe it's the nature of the beast.' BS. The passenger seat doesn't do it.

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
The iso dynamic driver seat clunks when I move in a certain way or in response to how the truck is moving. Passenger seat doesnā€™t seem to do it when I sit in it. Iā€™m trying to pin down where itā€™s coming from. Maybe the area of the seat behind my upper back. Need to play with it moreā€¦.My wife isnā€™t getting the clunking when she drives (difference in body weight I guess). Anyone else feeling this?
Had my truck in for service today. Asked them to look into the seat clunk. We all agree...it clunks šŸ˜‚. Question is why. Without ripping it all apart it will be hard to say and they don't seem too keen to want to do that because they don't know anything about these seats when it comes down to it. I'm going to leave it for now to see if anything develops from Toyota. They said I could call Toyota myself...I may. Anyone else learn anything if you are having this issue?

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Neither of my seats do this, so I say there is obviously something wrong with the seats that do. Most of you have one seat which is fine. It isn't really a question whether this is normal.

Some dealers will sleaze out of warranty work, and they probably know zero about these seats. But in a halo model Toyota needs to fix whatever is clunking in your seats, end of story.

Going straight to Toyota might be a good move. I have a great dealer, but they are rare.
Sponsored